• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good can for Rattler? 300 BO

steviesterno

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I own a 22 can, and a griffin revolution 45 pistol can. While rated for 300bo, it's only good to 7" and then light use with supers. At the time I wanted a pistol can that would work with everything I shot (mostly 9 and 45) but could be used on my SBR 300BO in an emergency.

but now I'm shooting less pistol and got a Sig Rattler for travel and carry. I'm thinking it may become the primary HD gun as well. It's really fun to shoot, but doesn't run subs without a can. Clearly I need a new, specific Rattler can.

Looking for something that works well with 300 supers, but rated for other stuff as well. May end up using it on my 556 stuff in the future. Open to different mounting options but thinking I won't do direct thread, but undecided. the rattler fits in the carry bag as it is now with a flash hider but won't fit with the can on it, so length isn't crazy important but I don't want to make a tiny gun into a long barrel, nose heavy monster.

I also don't want to spend a fortune, would rather be under 1K with the stamp.

what should I be looking at?

What is your main criteria aside from price? Are you do you care more about the size and weight or are you wanting to be at the quieter end of the spectrum for reduction?

I would look at the DeadAir Sandman S, Nomad 30 and Q Half Nelson. Those are quality cans, a little more expensive than the YMH but shorter by an inch or more and a little lighter (except for the Sandman which is heavier).

Lazarus Lazarus I'm honestly not sure on criteria. I know supersonic rifle will never be "Hollywood quiet" so I'm thinking probably size and weight, plus mounts.

I realized with my pistol can that the tube itself isn't near as expensive as the required mounts and crap I'd need to use it on all my stuff.

L lifeandliberty123 I'm hesitant to go with a Q based on their drama and some stuff I've seen on their welds. I'm also scared to get a sig because I'm somehow turning into a complete sig fanboy? No idea how, but I EDC one of their 365xls and now this rattler. But if it's great I'm on board.

Eh the Q stuff is just mainly **** talking and on the welds, afaik the failed penetrations were years ago and they have a better record than DA at this point. Most wled complaints on Q are from from folks that plain dont understand weld design and think VT is the end all be all.

I wouldnt let drama stop me from getting the best can for that caliber.

Back
Top Bottom