• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good carry insurance

For those who are leaving, or have left, the NRA membership for other entities, you would not have the freedoms you have now ,but for the NRA. These others have never have, and never will have the clout with politicians that the NRA has. I blame no one for shopping for carry insurance, but if you are shopping for representation, you are wasting your time.That`s like trading a Kimber even for a Hi Point.

This is an interesting thread. When I was in an apartment and using USAA for renters insurance I had a conversation with the agent and was told their liability insurance covered me in my apartment as well as anywhere I was carrying. I was told the same when I picked up my homeowners insurance with them. Seeing all the responses makes me want to double check their coverage and if additional coverage might be worthwhile.

Homeowners might cover a civil suit if it happens on your property, but no insurance can cover a criminal case...

BTW, both the NRA Carry Guard and Second Call Defense used Lockton for insurance coverage for liability, and with their withdrawal both those programs are changing things a bit. It sounds like SCD has a new vendor and is actually cheaper that their program was before. No idea on the CG product.

what the heck is carry insurance ? ?

http://concealednation.org/2015/09/an-in-depth-look-at-concealed-carry-insurance-should-you-get-it/

After reading this it seems that its for if you accidentally shoot your neighbors dog that strays onto you property or if you defend yourself and get scrutiny it pays for a lawyer. To me it seems like anybody thinking they need this type of insurance might want to use the money for some training instead. wouldnt having this insurance make you seem more quilty like premeditated ? Its like car insurance, why are you gonna have it unless your driving a car. I sure dont ever plan on using my gun for SD but if i do I'm gonna make damn sure that i was in danger and absolutely HAD to. I think for people to get a ccw/cwp they should have to take a class with a certified instructor, that would prevent ppl that have never fired a gun before from buying and carrying, then again on the other hand we shouldn't have to pay for the concealed or even be forced to have one but probly better that we atleast have them or lots more people would conceal and there would be more accidents because of untrained people and unsafe practices.
Take all the training in the world. Then use a weapon in self defense. There is a 99% chance you will be sued. Even if you are a cop. Happens every day. Gang bangers` families want a free ride. Distraught Mothers want someone to pay a price for taking the life of her baby. TV lawyers will go looking for relatives of the deceased. Nuffsaid.

Back
Top Bottom