• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good carry piece for girl[space...]friend

absolutely!!
I have friends over all the time and when we get to drinking they line up and let me take turns shooting them with my Sig 238 , all it does is leave a tiny red mark on their skin!
come on now --really??
What I was trying to say was that she may be like me and cant hit anything with a 3 inch barrel.

Hey everyone,
So as the title leads, I am interested in hearing your opinions for my friend. She has never shot before and is about to apply for her concealed permit. I have been shooting all of my life and have a few pistols that I think she will like, but I know at the end of the day she would prefer a .308 [.380! not .308...whoops] (which I do not have any of...) I plan on having her shoot an LCP, shield, and a .38 snubbie, but other than that I don't know much for that caliber.
I carry an XD mod 2 9mm and although it is a sessy lil' piece, I know that the double stack wont be comfortable for her little hands.
I like shields because they have a thumb safety option, but I honestly don't love their triggers. As for the LCP I have never shot one so I don't know much.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm not going to read through all the pages of comments here so someone may have already told you this. We can't and you can't pick a carry gun for your girl. That fails almost every time. It's like trying to buy her bras and tampons. It just doesn't work. I tried it about three times myself.
Anyway you need to take her to a shop preferably one with a range and let her find what she likes. I can't tell you how many ads I've seen here for handguns some guy bought for their old ladies that were big mistakes. Plus it's looks shoe shopping. They get to try on a dozen different styles and pick which works best.

Agree with letting her shoot as many as possible, no way to know what she'll like, my 110lb daughter carries a full size 1911 in 45acp just like her daddy

My wife just went through a class with the perfect female instructor. Groupon so you both go and get free rental. Try everything.

Back
Top Bottom