• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good days of reloading

15+ years ago I gave away 1 unopened container and another 3/4 full of that same nasty stuff. I still have some of those old cardboard containers, each full of Blue Dot or 2400
"Same nasty stuff"? Why you be hatin' on Unique? I've been using it for nearly 50 years. One of my go-to powders for shotgun & handgun. Contrary to some reports, it meters just fine for me in my progressive measures and is great behind cast bullets.

IMG_20170314_230611442.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

"Same nasty stuff"? Why you be hatin' on Unique? I've been using it for nearly 50 years. One of my go-to powders for shotgun & handgun. Contrary to some reports, it meters just fine for me in my progressive measures and is great behind cast bullets.

View attachment 1099189

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk
LOL, I have the 15lb version of that can.

No doubt that Unique is the dirtiest burning powder that I use and the hardest to get to drop correctly from a powder dispenser for me.
and of course this is the new and improved cleaner burning Unique.
I can make the entire front of a stainless 1911 disappear in about a half box of bullets.
but yet due to its wide usage I still keep a few pounds of it on hand.

If you've never reloaded anything with Unique your not old school, lol.
I don't think any powder has as many recipes as Unique.

Of course, if you're shooting some kind of pistol competition where you're shooting fast you may not be able to see your target after half a dozen rounds cause of the smoke!

If I could only have one powder and one powder only, it would be Unique.
If I could have two, I'd add Red Dot.

I'd love to have one of those old cans.
I'd trade somebody some old 100 packs of primers still in the container for one of those old cans.
They're cool looking and have lots of colors and graphics on the label....?????

I never thought of saving them....

I believe that guns and reloading supplies bought at discount are cheaper in today's dollars than they ever have been in the past. A good AR, pretty much only colts in the 80s were 500 or more. There are lots of good ARs out there for 600 now and I sure make more than 1.5 times what the average pay was in 1980.

Back
Top Bottom