• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good grief. Biden is out of control. Ban 9mm?

Nope. The Constitution says very little about the age of majority. Originally it was only in reference to when you could hold a certain office. Later the voting age was lowered to 18 by an amendment.

The age where people could buy handguns and long guns was established by CGA '68, so Congress can change that at will.

And yes, other rights are age-limited as well, just different ages. School kids have a limited right to free speech, and same for search and seizure.
There has always been a distinction between minors and adults in constitutional law. 1st amendment is best example. Free speech is different for children. And the court would treat 2nd amendment the same. By yiur reasoning, the congress could also say you have to be 21 to votes. Sorry, but I am confident you are wrong.

The only way the age cutoff of 21 would be allowed is to limit it to a certain type of gun, like AR15s or AKs, etc. But there is no way this Court would allow a complete ban on guns for 18-21. Ain’t happening.

Good grief. Biden is out of control. Ban 9mm?​

If he were really 'in control', everything would be much much more 'out of control'.

There has always been a distinction between minors and adults in constitutional law. 1st amendment is best example. Free speech is different for children. And the court would treat 2nd amendment the same. By yiur reasoning, the congress could also say you have to be 21 to votes. Sorry, but I am confident you are wrong.

The only way the age cutoff of 21 would be allowed is to limit it to a certain type of gun, like AR15s or AKs, etc. But there is no way this Court would allow a complete ban on guns for 18-21. Ain’t happening.

I think you are right. They will ban under 21 from buying semi auto rifles. That will be law by labor day.

All politicians fear the American people and what exactly we carry...they need compliance to maintain power...theyre addicted to power...like a junky...they need therapy...in.356

Go ahead and ban that wussy Eurotrash 9mm.
Real men shoot God’s caliber, the mighty .45acp.
BTW, the only handgun shooting I heard of that sucked a guy’s lung out on exit was a 200gr .45 acp hollowpoint.
Urban legend?
It's true. It was me. It hurt like crazy. Still here though. Just soulless.

They’re not slowing down on trying to abolish 2A rights. “Protecting Our Kids Act” (Strip Americans of Their 2A Rights Act)

NY Democratic senator Jones:

"You will not stop us from advancing the Protecting Our Kids Act today," "If the filibuster obstructs us, we will abolish it. If the Supreme Court objects, we will expand it. And we will not rest until we have taken weapons of war out of circulation and our communities each and every day."

Back
Top Bottom