• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good grief. Biden is out of control. Ban 9mm?

But seriously, speaking of lungs, the CDC reported that over 40,000 people a year die from the effects of secondhand smoke.
So everyone who smokes in public or around their friends and family have caused more physical harm, possibly fatal, than every firearm I have ever owned combined.
CDC is full of shyte.

Guns are designed to kill. Period ... 9mm blows lungs out ... this man is insane. If I have to shoot you in a self defense scenario, I don't want to wound you. I want to stop you. And if that means blowing out your lung, then **** you ... don't be a dick and you won't get shot. Biden is such a moron.
All a person needs is a double barrel shotgun. You fire both rounds into the air and tell the bad guys to go away. End of story. Thanks.

Yes, but a “law“ passed by Congress cannot entirely remove the 2nd amendment for adults age 18-21, just as a “law” passed by Congress couldn't say the 1st amendment does not apply to 18-21. That doesn’t mean they won’t try to pass it, but if they do, it will eventually get to the Supreme Court and declared unconstitutional.

Nope. The Constitution says very little about the age of majority. Originally it was only in reference to when you could hold a certain office. Later the voting age was lowered to 18 by an amendment.

The age where people could buy handguns and long guns was established by CGA '68, so Congress can change that at will.

And yes, other rights are age-limited as well, just different ages. School kids have a limited right to free speech, and same for search and seizure.

I only use that fact with people who wore a mask religiously for 2 years because of the CDC and Fauci and who now want to restrict my Constitutional rights.
And SCOTUS just ruled the "Federal mask mandates" violated the Constitution. I posted because there's never been a purely scientific study on the actual effects of second hand smoke. They've all been "conducted" with a desired outcome.

And SCOTUS just ruled the "Federal mask mandates" violated the Constitution. I posted because there's never been a purly scientific study on the actual effects of second hand smoke. They've all been "conducted" with a desired outcome.

That's every scientific study nowadays. There are some goods reads on the issue. The results cannot be replicated. Science is in its dark age.

That's every scientific study nowadays. There are some goods reads on the issue. The results cannot be replicated. Science is in its dark age.
I'm an ex-smoker (2005, Nov 8th) and I always paid close attention to the issue. I never smoked indoors or in the car anyway since some find it offensive. I brokered tobacco for years. I've simply never seen or read an actual, non biased study on the effects of second hand smoke. I like the smell of smoke sometimes. Reminds me of being carefree & young.

Without trying to hijack this thread, and acknowledging I do not understand all of the parts of a red flag law, what happens if you have a family member, say a cousin, or an unhappy ex-girlfriend or a friend who doesn't share your interest in firearms or is jealous of your collection decides he/she will be cute and anonymously contacts local law enforcement and tells them some cock and bull story about you drinking heavily and standing on your front porch waving your weapon at passing joggers or walkers and he/she is scared you might do something worse. He/she states you have a bunch of firearms and he/she has seen/heard you abusing/abuse animals and you do not like certain ethnic groups. Would law enforcement run with that and attempt to get a local judge to issue a warrant for your firearms based on that anonymous tip or do you get an opportunity to tell your side in a court hearing [due process] ? Thanks.
Ten years & 10k for a lawyer later if you win, you still won’t get your destroyed guns back.

Back
Top Bottom