• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good guns you don't like.

I didn't like the SR9....I wanted to, but the trigger was gritty (although it was a range gun).
Glocks shoot great, but not for me as I like a thumb safety...

Someone said earlier thumb safeties are for girls.... I'm no girl, but I shoot like one!

i53.tinypic.com_2z90fnd.jpg

glocks they are fine weapons shoot awesome & have awesome CS & many aftermarket parts .i have owned several & just cant make myself love them i guess its the poplaurity i dont like, i like the underdogs

Had to bring this up after reading the "List of the best 9mm's" thread. Lost of people mentioned the Browning High-Power as the best 9mm, and while I have never held or shot one and can't tell you either way how I liked it, they just don't do it for me. They remind me of the love child between a 1911 and a Tokarev, probably because the Tok was apparently based on the Browning 1903. At any rate, awesome as they might be, I don't want one.

thought this would be interesting. name guns that are good but some reason you just don't like. i'm sure glocks will hear it here.lol for me it's.....
ruger p-series.(built like a tank, just don't like)
taurus pt1911- great 1911. hate the taurus billboard on the sides.
sigmas- i never could ge a good one

lets hear yours.:eek:

Excellent quesetion... I really dislike the p series as well. And, I'm sorry, but I think the Sigmas are really marginal guns. I bought one when they first came out years ago and on the first shot at the range the front sight popped right off! Made the second shot more difficult.
XDs.... shoot great and really well made but no Glock.
Taurus 22 fliptop (whatever the model is).... my least favorite gun ever.
Bersa... no reason, had one and eh, it was okay.
Old school sigs where the mag release is on the bottom of the magwell... well made, of course, but damn, hard to reload :)
Ruger LCP 380, I like Ruger not this is too much plastic percentage.
Beretta 92F, US made. Not sure why...
Ruger mark III. I've had a couple and they always shoot well.. just not my thing.

1911's, pretty much all of them I've ever had a chance to try. The feel like they are made to injure both the target and the operator, way heavier than I want to carry without using a duty belt or suspenders, low capacity (most of them). I like the looks of them, but even though I try, I just cant manage to make myself even like shooting or carrying them.

Life's too short to be spent with guns you don't enjoy shooting.

Last edited:
Savage 110 series, very accurate, have sold every one I ever had-too much kick. Favorite now is a 25-06 single shot.

Back
Top Bottom