• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good news for 9mm Hi Point carbine owners

Or even in this case, why would you make an awkward stick mag, instead of one that double, triple stacks the thickness of the grip for the same round count but only a couple of inches of extension?

Makes no sense, but that's Hi-Points and Hi-Point accessories for ya...

Yeah I have to agree on the looks comments. But then again if you were worried about looks you wouldn't own a Hi Point. I just don't see why Hi Point won't get with the double stack program. And there's already enough hi cap mags out there that they wouldn't ha e to come up with a new mag. Just build the Rifles around Glock mags, Smith mags etc.

This is what someone said off of A15.com quite a few years ago but makes sense

"The Hi-Point 995 was designed back in ......1995. ( 995= 9mm, 1995) At that time there was a ten round maximum capacity on magazines. (Thank you Bill and Hillary Clinton and friends). After the Columbine shooting Hi-Point suffered through some expensive litigation as one of their rifles was used by the shooter. Perhaps the folks at Beemiller just figure ten is enough or, keeping cost down, they just don't feel its worth the expense of totally changing the design? I don't know, I don't work there. What I do know is that if you look at all their pistols and carbines ten rounds is it for any of them. So, for what ever reason they go with that number. Considering that shops around me are always out of them due to their price structure I would think they have little real economic incentive to spend a lot of money to change. It appears they sell them as fast as they can make them.

Oh, and I know its hard for some of you to believe, but there are a whole lot of us shooters who DON'T use Glock magazines"

This is what someone said off of A15.com quite a few years ago but makes sense

"The Hi-Point 995 was designed back in ......1995. ( 995= 9mm, 1995) At that time there was a ten round maximum capacity on magazines. (Thank you Bill and Hillary Clinton and friends). After the Columbine shooting Hi-Point suffered through some expensive litigation as one of their rifles was used by the shooter. Perhaps the folks at Beemiller just figure ten is enough or, keeping cost down, they just don't feel its worth the expense of totally changing the design? I don't know, I don't work there. What I do know is that if you look at all their pistols and carbines ten rounds is it for any of them. So, for what ever reason they go with that number. Considering that shops around me are always out of them due to their price structure I would think they have little real economic incentive to spend a lot of money to change. It appears they sell them as fast as they can make them.

Oh, and I know its hard for some of you to believe, but there are a whole lot of us shooters who DON'T use Glock magazines"
I don't own a Glock either. But I just assumed that was the most prominent hi cap mag in the market.
If I was going to buy any Hi Point it would be one of the 9mm Carbines. And I can see why they're constantly sold out.

I've seen worse... :becky:
endless_ammo_ak.jpg

Back
Top Bottom