• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good ole Mosin

wheres how i had mine done, chinese rubber pad ot make the stock longer, 24 inch barrel, rsi bet bolt and a rsi scope mount. This will bring down a deer in on e shot with soft point ammo
IMG_0099.JPG

I'm not looking to build up a rifle to shoot the eyes off a gnat. Just something to deer hunt with inside 150-200 yards. And a cool discussion piece

I hear ya. But since you asked.......lol.

I certainly over-invested it that one, but it didn't matter to me. I wanted the challenge of trying to get that kind of accuracy from a 70+ year old battle rifle. My wife claims that it's hers now, she has an ammo can full of that czech low-recoil training ammo and loves it.

image.jpeg

wheres how i had mine done, chinese rubber pad ot make the stock longer, 24 inch barrel, rsi bet bolt and a rsi scope mount. This will bring down a deer in on e shot with soft point ammo
View attachment 1068288

That's sweet, haven't seen it since the transformation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about finding a beautiful m44 and take the hack saw to it. Add the tacticool crap stock on it, lights, bipod, forward pistol grip, jb weld a scope mount on it ONLY after I attempt to drill and tap a scope mount with holes that are out of alignment.

You know, make a one of a kind, CUSTOM Mosin, then turn around and try to sell it on here for $500

This literally brought tears to my eyes lol

I've got a stripped Finnish action that I might build into something one day. 1900 Tula receiver, has a Finnish barrel but it's not the best bore so I'll probably have it removed and sold to a collector.

I think I still have one of those machine gun barrels that were re-threaded and sold as Mosin heavy barrels many years ago. UK59 barrels I think. I'd love to have an M28/76 but I missed the mark on getting one somewhat reasonably years ago. I think at one point they were in the $400-500 range.

Back
Top Bottom