• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good shot Sir!!!!.........

Carlos Hathcock is famous for many things, but one of them was for a similar shot with a Browning 50 cal with an optic mounted. He was the first to ever do it, though the shot was not as far. I believe it was well over 1000 yards and was a first round hit on a person transporting weapons on a bike. Moving target.

That was the origination of the 50 BMG round being used by snipers.

EDIT: Just checked and found out it was a 1500 yard shot.

1N7RTzqjR-EVMpw4KKyi_MuKX4uhEArL3_XiFp8kEAU.jpg

A British sniper could just have the best ever long-range shot in SAS history – with a machine gun no less.

https://thenectarine.ca/news/britis...r-old-machine-gun-from-almost-1-5-miles-away/
That's badass!

Carlos Hathcock is famous for many things, but one of them was for a similar shot with a Browning 50 cal with an optic mounted. He was the first to ever do it, though the shot was not as far. I believe it was well over 1000 yards and was a first round hit on a person transporting weapons on a bike. Moving target.

That was the origination of the 50 BMG round being used by snipers.

EDIT: Just checked and found out it was a 1500 yard shot.

1N7RTzqjR-EVMpw4KKyi_MuKX4uhEArL3_XiFp8kEAU.jpg
I remember reading about that and also saw a documentary that had that story in it. He wasn't just a great Sniper, he was a great story teller and cocky as hell. I wish I could've met him and shook his hand.

Back
Top Bottom