• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good tackle box/turkey hunting pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a harmless Water Snake and is ILLEGAL to kill in Georgia.

I think we have been infiltrated by a left-coast, limp-wristed liberal. Standing in the water, three feet from him. What would you have done? Reach down and catch him and give him a kiss? You may not be as all-knowing as you think you are.........You were not there to see the white in his mouth. I'm sorry other members, but this guy pisses me off........

http://www.snakesandfrogs.com/scra/snakes/cotton.htm

For a quick reference on Georgia Reptiles, you can always reference my gallery http://animalsouth.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=viewcategory&catid=23&Itemid=48 or you can actually email or text photos to me for ID.

PLUS! I did not have my laptop with me in the creek to do a quick reference to your D____website!

If you are part of the UGA liberals, I emailed their website with a pic. They never bothered to reply.
http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/snakes/agkpis.htm

Last edited:
Holy Overreaction Theater Batman. I don't make the laws. I am not the one that killed a protected species and shared photos of it on a public forum. You are pissed at ME for KNOWING the laws and sharing that knowledge? If I shot a deer this weekend, what do you think the reaction would be? If you want to be technical about it, DNR categorizes both actions under the definition of "Poaching". And you can resort to childish (and false) name calling all you want. It doesn't change the fact that I was not insulting or demeaning, only informative on Georgia Wildlife Regulations.

Just to be clear, the photo of the snake killed is a Water Snake and the link you posted was a Cottonmouth. The markings on that particular specimen of water snake are similar particularly with the amount of mud in the scales, so I can see how it could be confusing. Just remember that the law doesn't make that same concession.

Holy Overreaction Theater Batman. I don't make the laws. I am not the one that killed a protected species and shared photos of it on a public forum. You are pissed at ME for KNOWING the laws and sharing that knowledge? If I shot a deer this weekend, what do you think the reaction would be? If you want to be technical about it, DNR categorizes both actions under the definition of "Poaching". And you can resort to childish (and false) name calling all you want. It doesn't change the fact that I was not insulting or demeaning, only informative on Georgia Wildlife Regulations.

Just to be clear, the photo of the snake killed is a Water Snake and the link you posted was a Cottonmouth. The markings on that particular specimen of water snake are similar particularly with the amount of mud in the scales, so I can see how it could be confusing. Just remember that the law doesn't make that same concession.

"BATMAN" MY A$$! I'll stand by what I did! I know you are one of the Liberal know it alls! You would have just stood there and taken it in the ___!

"BATMAN" MY A$$! I'll stand by what I did! I know you are one of the Liberal know it alls! You would have just stood there and taken it in the ___!
You can believe whatever you like. If you think and Educated Conservative like myself is the same as a "Liberal Know It All", then who am I to change that opinion. But you seem to be under the impression that I have something to do with Georgia Code. I am only conveying facts, not opinions or interpretations. And for your own edification, the water snake would not have "given it to you in the a__". Sometimes they get a little curious and may come to investigate. Or if you had a fish on your line or stringer he may have been going after that. They can be cantankerous when confronted so if you tried to pick it up, it would have likely bitten. But the bite is negligible. It is no worse than a scrape on a rock. It will just bleed a bit because of the anticoagulants in the saliva. But I can tell yo from being bitten by dozens of water snakes, it doesn't really hurt at the time. It may be a bit sore later like a scrape or cut. So, yes, I wold have stood there and let it go on its way. Perhaps gotten a photo if a camera was handy since that appears to be a large specimen.

You can stand by killing it all you want. I am certain most people would do the same. And if it were actually a venomous species, it would be legal. I did not pass judgement, I only stated facts. I am not certain how one interprets facts as left or right, they just are what they are. I fail to comprehend how stating facts gets you so upset. It is not good for your blood pressure. It is just a law. I hope you don't get this upset over every random law or lash into the people who happen to know the laws. Oh, well. It is not my concern. It was not on my land and I am not DNR. I just offered knowledge and resources and got verbally assaulted for it. That is your right to react as you want. I just don't get the anger.

I shared that opine until I killed one while fishing Cooper Creek last year. He was 4' long and was not afraid of me. I splashed the water in front of him.. I killed him against the rocks with my net handle which was too D%##short. I came close to learning to walk on water. Waddaya gonna do if you think it's you or him?
Just noticed the location. To give you an easy way to identify a water snake from a cottonmouth in Cooper Creek, there are no cottonmouths there. People will claim that the see them and that they killed them, but there has never been a verified instance of a Cottonmouth anywhere close to that area. Again, not starting anything, just providing facts.

But I will try to digress as this has gone far off topic.

Just noticed the location. To give you an easy way to identify a water snake from a cottonmouth in Cooper Creek, there are no cottonmouths there. People will claim that the see them and that they killed them, but there has never been a verified instance of a Cottonmouth anywhere close to that area. Again, not starting anything, just providing facts.

But I will try to digress as this has gone far off topic.

I apologize other members, but this guy is full of BS! I provided the "evidence" That snake had a mouth lined in white. His fellow "educators" declined to answer my email. That situation occurred on MY PROPERTY. I'll do the same again.... and again.............If He wants to PM me, we will take this further in person......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom