• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good trout lures for chattahoochee?

I'm just trying to have some fun catching a few once in a while. If by up north, you mean north of Lanier, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot. I'm only fishing below the dam cause I dont know anywhere else to go this time of year to catch any. Its almost a 40 minute ride to the dam from my house, but it beats the 2.5 hour drive to up to Rock Creek where I usually go. I don't keep fish from the river to eat, so I prefer baits they are less likely to swallow the hook with. If I want trout to eat, I will make the drive to the mountains. Even then, I release most of what I catch.
youreally should get into fly fishing. Sounds like you have a different take on it than I do. Rock creek is nice but agreed- it's in BFE.
There is a really good stretch on the soquee that is public land you should check out. It's about 15 min north of North Georgia tech. I've caught many over 5 lbs there and have seen some monsters come out of there.
Keep you're eye out if you do make the trip. Ted Turner has a bison farm on the left halfway down the road that will make your day if them buffalo are out.

I love JOES FLYS. Couple of bucks at walmart. Add some split shot and hang on.
i use joes flies all the time.. quarter ounce..the only spinner my wife an i use.. works good in the hooch.. we drive to north carolina to fish...its worth it..
0403181623.jpg

Need some recommendations here. I can catch trout all day long in the mountains, mostly using trout magnets. However, I cant seem to even get a bite out of the chattahoochee, no matter what I've tried. Went below the Buford dam Sunday afternoon and despite seeing fish jumping everywhere, I could not interest them in any of my trout magnets or spinners. I'm only interested in using artificial lures. I have zero desire to fool with worms, crickets, salmon eggs, corn, or dough baits. If anyone wants to join me on the river and show me how its done, that would be cool too. I'd rather not have to drive to the mountains every time I want to actually catch trout.
joes flies, quarter ounce ..
0620181120_Burst01.jpg
if you can find them.. we order from bass pro.. they are out.

Back
Top Bottom