• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good under seat lockbox recommendation?

nicaburns

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
Empty Tomb Forge
244   0
Reaction score
Need to get an easy access lockbox for a teacher. Looking for something which could be accessed without turning off the vehicle to unlock the glove box. Preferably under the seat. Sadly, teachers with permits are to have the firearm in a locked compartment so I am looking for a way to comply with the law but allow fast/easy access without having to remove the keys from the ignition.
Thanks for any recommendations!

You are OK with a traditional key though? If so why not just a detachable key ring with the ignition key and lock key on separate ends? http://www.engravedgiftcollection.com/catalog/FC-855.html
Or are you wanting something biometric?
I am just shooting for simple and fast... I think it is silly that teachers have to go to the extra measure of "locked compartment" but have to operate within that. I just know that I do not want her to have it accessible at all times without ever having to turn the car off to use the ignition key to open the glove box. Open to biometric, touch pad, etc. Just looking for something intuitive/easy... Not so concerned about "secure"

I am just shooting for simple and fast... I think it is silly that teachers have to go to the extra measure of "locked compartment" but have to operate within that. I just know that I do not want her to have it accessible at all times without ever having to turn the car off to use the ignition key to open the glove box. Open to biometric, touch pad, etc. Just looking for something intuitive/easy... Not so concerned about "secure"
I take it her vehicle doesn't have a lockable console? If so you could just keep that keep separate from the ignition key or again on a detachable key ring.
The link by whitmo looks affordable without too much concentration on 'secure'.

Nope... May have to use a traditional safe and modify/simply the lock for fast opening... Maybe a modified fast "push key" like the top of a paper towel dispenser in a public restroom.
Any rule against just keeping the key in the lock? I assume it will be out of sight.

Back
Top Bottom