• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good visit with brother

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
Before this deer season I set up a couple of ladder stands behind my house, cut some lanes through pasture, planted a little bit of clover, and moved a camera around to see what was out there. There had been a good buck out back a couple years ago and I was glad to confirm on camera he was still kicking around. However, I had not one photo of that buck during daylight hours ever, always creeping around in the dark.

My brother was visiting from out of state and he wanted to get in some deer hunting while he was here. Last week on Thursday morning, I got up at 5 to get ready for work and my brother was getting ready to head out to sit a stand. There was thick, thick fog on the ground. Plus, he'd been out the day prior and seen not a single deer; he said it had sounded like someone was running dogs on a nearby property. So it was not looking real good that morning as I left for work and my brother wandered off in the fog to find a stand.

Well, you know what happened. That buck that never comes out in the open during daylight hours? My brother shot him dead at 203 yards with my 280. I couldn't be happier for my brother and, of course, he was ecstatic. I have no doubt he'll never forget this visit. Neither will I.

upload_2017-12-3_9-22-37.png

upload_2017-12-3_9-24-59.png

Back
Top Bottom