• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Google pulls YouTube from Amazon devices, escalating spat

emptyMAGS

Default rank 5000+ posts
Mastur of my own Bation
25   0
Reaction score
Yeah! And why isn't Apple selling Samsung products?!

Can you blame one company for not encouraging their competitors products?
Depends on whether Google is "not supporting" or "not allowing".

More like Apple not allowing Samsung products, or better Android devices, to access an Apple web service. (Assuming Apple offered a web service not selling Apple products.)

Can you blame one company for not encouraging their competitors products?

Its the blocking of the open website from the competition's hardware that makes me shudder. Imagine if Apple decided that Google/Android had too much of a foothold in the market and then blocked all Google sites from apple devices?

Its the blocking of the open website from the competition's hardware that makes me shudder. Imagine if Apple decided that Google/Android had too much of a foothold in the market and then blocked all Google sites from apple devices?
They didn't block the website, just the app that accesses it. You can still use a web browser to get to youtube.

This is a very good thing. If Google's product, YouTube, was worth a damn, people would demand it be on the devices or not buy them, but I doubt this will happen. And the same goes for Chromecast, Google Home, etc because people would be demanding Amazon carry them.

But as it is, Google's products suck, and so Amazon can afford to let them go and still sell their own product. Now if this were Netflix, I doubt they'd get very far...

It's capitalist competition, and Google should worry more about making their crappy products better.

This is a very good thing. If Google's product, YouTube, was worth a damn, people would demand it be on the devices or not buy them, but I doubt this will happen. And the same goes for Chromecast, Google Home, etc because people would be demanding Amazon carry them.

But as it is, Google's products suck, and so Amazon can afford to let them go and still sell their own product. Now if this were Netflix, I doubt they'd get very far...

It's capitalist competition, and Google should worry more about making their crappy products better.

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to type all that. lol

If Google didn't own Youtube, they'd be completely irrelevant outside of online search and advertising. Their hardware and digital products suck ass.

Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.

Come to think of it, its actually a very smart move by Google to limit access to their voice controllable app on a competitor's device that uses voice control to function.

However if someone (read consumer) has invested in Amazon's echo device, guess who will be getting the shaft tho...

Back
Top Bottom