• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Google pulls YouTube from Amazon devices, escalating spat

Come to think of it, its actually a very smart move by Google to limit access to their voice controllable app on a competitor's device that uses voice control to function.

However if someone (read consumer) has invested in Amazon's echo device, guess who will be getting the shaft tho...

Yeah, but that's nothing new for consumers. Even though we're used to all this inter-connected access across multiple devices, this is all still relatively new and the winners and losers of the online content and appliance wars haven't fully emerged as of yet, though there are some clear leaders. In the meantime, we may see some inconveniences. I remember a few years ago thinking Apple was crazy for not supporting Flash on the iPhone. Pfft.

Amazon refusing to allow the sale of competitors hardware through their site is pretty sad. If Google's products are so bad, why would they worry ?

I'm still trying to give a darn about it, but haven't managed to yet.

Yeah, but that's nothing new for consumers. Even though we're used to all this inter-connected access across multiple devices, this is all still relatively new and the winners and losers of the online content and appliance wars haven't fully emerged as of yet, though there are some clear leaders. In the meantime, we may see some inconveniences. I remember a few years ago thinking Apple was crazy for not supporting Flash on the iPhone. Pfft.

This is chess. Pawns are being moved. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't all in connection to the upcoming net neutrality ruling...
tumblr_nvxxjeE5cS1uzt9pko1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom