• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a 94 F-150 300-6cyl need gone through

theres one up the road from me. clean old man truck 1 owner
taken care of from day one. old man (in his 70's) got out in
the yard running a chainsaw and got hurt real bad. its been
sitting in his front yard wasting for a few years now. ive
tried to buy it off of him a few times but he's stubborn

Oh, and shocks are dead simple unless you've got rusted hardware and/or mounts. The one hour job can quickly turn into an all day affair.

And that's why God created the Sawzall.

I always had good luck soaking them in PB BLaster or some such, letting them sit over night, the getting with them. Cheater is a good accessory.

theres one up the road from me. clean old man truck 1 owner
taken care of from day one. old man (in his 70's) got out in
the yard running a chainsaw and got hurt real bad. its been
sitting in his front yard wasting for a few years now. ive
tried to buy it off of him a few times but he's stubborn
When we were flipping cars back in Perry my partner/ landlord would stop and ask about any old 40s/50s truck and the answer was always " Not for sale." They were all gonna find it up one day. We called it " Loving it to death" because most of them folks didn't have the cash or credit to restore a bicycle.

Does it have dual fuel tanks??
owned a 78 ford& 1986 BOTH new 4 wd drive nothing Fancy bUT a reliable truck easy to work on. My only complaint was the small 16 gal fuel tank had 4 speed on the floor. WHY CANT THEY MAKE A SIMPLE TRUCK LIKE THAT AGAIN INSTEAD OF ALL THIS COMPUTER CRAP HAVE TO A COMPUTER SCANNER TO HOOK TO TO EVEN START TRYING FIGURE OUT WHAT KIND OF MECHINCAL PROBLEM YOUR HAVING AT THE TIME

owned a 78 ford& 1986 BOTH new 4 wd drive nothing Fancy bUT a reliable truck easy to work on. My only complaint was the small 16 gal fuel tank had 4 speed on the floor. WHY CANT THEY MAKE A SIMPLE TRUCK LIKE THAT AGAIN INSTEAD OF ALL THIS COMPUTER CRAP HAVE TO A COMPUTER SCANNER TO HOOK TO TO EVEN START TRYING FIGURE OUT WHAT KIND OF MECHINCAL PROBLEM YOUR HAVING AT THE TIME
Government won’t allow it

When we were flipping cars back in Perry my partner/ landlord would stop and ask about any old 40s/50s truck and the answer was always " Not for sale." They were all gonna find it up one day. We called it " Loving it to death" because most of them folks didn't have the cash or credit to restore a bicycle.

i will knock on doors sometimes if i spot a clean vehicle that interests me.
(im more inclined to buy a clean non-running car or truck vs 1 thats beat up)
im always polite and i dont get pushy after all its their **** and their property
and theres plenty more out there

what usually ends up happening though is you plant the seed and someone
else goes home with the prize.

but yeah there are a ton of broke down cars-n-trucks everywhere

i will knock on doors sometimes if i spot a clean vehicle that interests me.
(im more inclined to buy a clean non-running car or truck vs 1 thats beat up)
im always polite and i dont get pushy after all its their **** and their property
and theres plenty more out there
When I was very young and ignorant there was a beautiful blue 70s vintage Alfa Romeo Spider in my neighborhood. It belonged to an Airman who brought it back here from over yonder. He couldn't get it to run due to electrical ****. So I offered him well over a grand and he wouldn't budge. So it sat there on flat Pirellis for probably another year. Then one day I saw it on a roll back that had Bob's Auto Salvage on the door. That was a heart breaker.
Point is that there are more than a few people that would rather send a vehicle to the junkyard/crusher than let someone else make something out of it.

what usually ends up happening though is you plant the seed and someone
else goes home with the prize.

but yeah there are a ton of broke down cars-n-trucks everywhere

Does it have dual fuel tanks??

Yes it does...... I've been rounding up parts and wheels, etc. I found a "Pull-a-apart" place off of Buford Highway" that had a dozen different years of F-150's. Was the nicest junkyard I've been to. Went inside the main office which is fairly clean. Prices of EVERYTHING was on the wall with price of optional warranty. Nice young lady was at a help desk in the center. Told her I was looking for an F-150. She gave me a print-out of the year and color F-150's they had, and the row it was located in. Paid $1 to walk in the yard and found all the vehicles were in nice and neat rows grouped in a grid pattern by manufacturer. They sold me the top corner of the bed above the left rear tailight - apiece only 6"x6"x3". Everybody else wanted to sell me a bed for $100-$300. I cut out the piece I needed and they charged it out as a "Frame" which they sell for $12 a foot. When I get some time I'll weld on the new piece.

My problem is just that-not having the time. Thanks for the leads of good mechanics.I could do it myself but it's either work on my house or work on this truck. If I could clone myself the choice would be so much easier!! I need to get the heck out of Suwanee and move further out so the house has priority. Thanks guys.

Yes it does......

Does it seem to have fuel pump issues when you run on either tank- because if it does it's not the fuel pump. Each tank has an independent fuel pump module in the tank. Typically, the front tank pump wears out first because most people run off the front tank most of the time.

Switch over to the other tank, and run it that way and see how it does. I ran a duel tank truck, same year as yours, for 50,000 miles on one tank.

There is a frame mounted fuel filter that is pretty easy to change. If I recall correctly it takes an inexpensive special tool. Auto Zone will have a schematic of the process and tools need.

BTW, one very expensive lesson I learned about those dual tanks. I thought it was cool to run one tank to empty, so I would always have "fresh" gas. WEEEEELLLL, it turns out that the gasoline in the tank is the coolant for the fuel pump (which as far as I can tell, Ford never tells you), and the more below half full you run a tank, the more wear you put on that fuel pump. Again, one of the reasons the front pump tends to fail first.

The pump/fuel tank design is a fail on Ford's part. The fuel pump is ridiculously expensive, and the only way to access it and replace it is to drop the entire tank. Unlike a lot of PU, there is no access port accessible without dropping the tank.

BTW, as a partial check on the fuel pumps you can check the pressure at the fuel rail pretty easily. You can rent the meter at most auto parts stores.

Back
Top Bottom