• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a Glock 44...

a_guest47

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
70   0
Reaction score
Well I picked up the G44 and have about 700 rounds through it. So far I’ve had close to 100 malfunctions all together. The only Ammo I’ve had run flawlessly for at least 75 rounds has been Aguila 22 supermaximum hyper velocity. First mag through the gun was Remington thunder bolt and 3 rounds out of the 10 malfunctioned, all cycling issues. The 50 rounds of Aguila match I shot had about 10 malfunctions, most were light strikers on the primer, 2nd time they went bang. Slide lock didn’t hold open on any of the Aguila match. Federal champion did okay I was usually able to get about 50 rounds before a feeding issue. Cci mini mag had 3 light primer strikes. Federal auto match and Winchester HV were all over the place. I never got through more than 20 rounds without malfunctions with those 2, Some mags had 3 and 4 malfunctions each. Pretty bummed so far but have read articles about the launch and they claimed to have shot 12,000 cci blazer without failure so I’ll check that out as well as some cci stinger. I had a friend come to my range today with his G44 to see how his compared to mine and he had the same results. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the new G44? What’s your go to semi auto 22 ammo?

Well I picked up the G44 and have about 700 rounds through it. So far I’ve had close to 100 malfunctions all together. The only Ammo I’ve had run flawlessly for at least 75 rounds has been Aguila 22 supermaximum hyper velocity. First mag through the gun was Remington thunder bolt and 3 rounds out of the 10 malfunctioned, all cycling issues. The 50 rounds of Aguila match I shot had about 10 malfunctions, most were light strikers on the primer, 2nd time they went bang. Slide lock didn’t hold open on any of the Aguila match. Federal champion did okay I was usually able to get about 50 rounds before a feeding issue. Cci mini mag had 3 light primer strikes. Federal auto match and Winchester HV were all over the place. I never got through more than 20 rounds without malfunctions with those 2, Some mags had 3 and 4 malfunctions each. Pretty bummed so far but have read articles about the launch and they claimed to have shot 12,000 cci blazer without failure so I’ll check that out as well as some cci stinger. I had a friend come to my range today with his G44 to see how his compared to mine and he had the same results. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the new G44? What’s your go to semi auto 22 ammo?
Did you take it out of the box and start shooting, or did you clean the factory copper anti-seize out of it and lube it properly before shooting?

Everyone on the planet who likes guns knows .22‘s are picky, why are you surprised with your results?

Did you take it out of the box and start shooting, or did you clean the factory copper anti-seize out of it and lube it properly before shooting?

Everyone on the planet who likes guns knows .22‘s are picky, why are you surprised with your results?
Yep not my first rodeo, shoot about 20k rounds a year. Cleaned and lubed out of the box. Why am I a little surprised? The videos and reviews that I’ve seen so far have claimed to be near flawless. At the Glock launch they fired 12,000 rounds across 10 G44s with issues only reported at the very end. I’ve had multiple 22 pistols and rifles none have been even close to being this picky. So yea, this human living on the planet earth, who knows 22s are picky, was indeed a little surprised.

Yep not my first rodeo, shoot about 20k rounds a year. Cleaned and lubed out of the box. Why am I a little surprised? The videos and reviews that I’ve seen so far have claimed to be near flawless. At the Glock launch they fired 12,000 rounds across 10 G44s with issues only reported at the very end. I’ve had multiple 22 pistols and rifles none have been even close to being this picky. So yea, this human living on the planet earth, who knows 22s are picky, was indeed a little surprised.
To be fair, they (the reviewers and the Glock release party goers) did report they used CCI blazer specifically.

I’m on the fence about buying one, so your experience, unlike the reporting media, holds more weight to me since you are going to post your honest opinion and experience.

This is why I asked if you shot it out of the box or clean/lubed it first.

My only other 22 pistol experience is polar opposite:

TacSol PacLite eats everything I feed it that’s above 700fps
Walter P22 only works when it feels the need to show me that it can work, but only sometimes.

That's called "marketing."

Back
Top Bottom