• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a stoopid question

My manual shows loads using anything from 115gr to 210gr bullets for 30-06. Your manual, whatever you are using, should show you a range of weights to choose from, both jacketed and non-jacketed bullets but for 30-06, 150gr jacketed (of various types) is most typical.

I read the post title and thought - " I am the boss of stoopid reloading questions, I can help" but of course others have answered first. Just when I thought I could help I am too late.

Got em both👍
You are going to take diameter from three places. The base, the body and the neck. The weights will tell you the thicker brass. You might want to reduce powder in the thicker brass first to compare results. Smaller internal space may and can cause pressure spikes and lead to potential problems. Maybe a reduction of 2% or something along those lines. I would read up on it a little before throwing the same charges in both brands and weights.

Yes..if u look in your reloading book, it will tell you diameters of bullets, and all kind of cool stuff..it’s just time to start studding, I’m pretty sure all Reloader do..asking questions is a good thing

Back
Top Bottom