• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got attacked by a dog this morning. What would you have done?

I'm just reading all these arm chair theories and responses saying they'd have done this or that and thinking, aside from the few professional dog trainers we have in this thread who are giving great advice, and the few of us who've actually been on the receiving end of a dog attack, how so many here don't really have a clue.

Dog attacks happen pretty quickly. You don't always get a warning it's about to happen so you can have your weapon out and ready. Dogs are fast, and strong as ****. Even small dogs when in fight mode can whip a grown man's ass. Dogs have incredibly high pain thresholds. My lab once ran straight through a 2x4 on my kids wooden swing set chasing a ball. His block head snapped that damn thing and he kept going and brought the ball back. He was fine, but I had to replace that 2x4.

Anyways, good luck if you think you're going to stick fight it or whack it with a belt. Once it sinks it's teeth in to you, you're going to be shocked at how damn much a dog bite hurts. And you'll also be surprised how bad your aim is with adrenaline pumping when you're trying to empty a mag with your off hand because it already tore up your shooting arm. :lol:

If you don't believe that, just watch how fast a police dog takes down a grown man when the cops can't. People just crumble when that hair missile comes at them.

Yeah the whole thing happened before I could really process it. From the time she charged me to the time she finally backed off was about 10 seconds

figgered it up been bit by 5 different dogs. They all lived as did I. Just bites never had one go full house crazy that would have been different. Got bit by a monkey once also,bit my ear

You should have beat his ass with a garden hose!

giphy-14.gif

If you have a truck stop near by, buy a 10$ tire thumper. You can also go to Home Depot and buy a 24 inch (3/4) piece of black iron pipe. One whack from one of those and it’s game over . I do agree with the dude that has repeatedly suggested the pepper spray. All in all you got away unharmed and no one was shot, so consider it a win.

Back
Top Bottom