• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got into a fight with neighbor's kid about parking

kwelhand

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
196   0
Reaction score
I live in a cul-de-sac and there's a beat up neighbor's car parked in front of my yard for all summer long.
It irritates me because I've hard time trimming the edge of the grass since he always parked right at the edge or even worse on the grass.
I also doesn't like the fact that I've to wake up looking at his beat up car every morning.

We've a nice flat large front yard and I always enjoy playing baseball with my son.
One day, my son almost bust the window of his beat up car with his baseball so now we have to drive and practice at the park.
The car only moves for about a few hours a day or sometime just stays there... not sure what his job is or even he has one.

Today, I had enough because while I was cutting the grass, he returned and parked right in front of my yard again.
I asked him politely to explain above issues and his first response was "where do you want me to F**K the car then?"
I thought I heard it wrong, but the conversation continues with "you don't owned this F**King street" and so on and go back to your F**King property" etc...
The conversation basically started with F**K and ended with F**K.
Never heard so many F words since high school in my life...

What should I do at this point?
The parents of this kid (stepson) also had numerous issues with our next door neighbor.
I'm not going into details, but it looks like his parents are not the person you could talk and work things out.

I contacted my HOA, and they said they will try to talk but since the street is not owned by the HOA, they could not enforce anything.
I also contacted the city of Suwanee, but haven't heard back.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE:
Here's the complete HOA covenant for our community.
http://www.chattrunpoint.com/Documents/Covenants1.pdf
Under Article VI - Section 4 describes vehicle parking restrictions.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was pretty shocked from their response.
I don't live in a ghetto neighborhood and people rarely packed on the street.

if it's parked on your property maybe have it towed, I'm no legal counsel so take my advice for it is.

this is the first time I've heard of a hoa that doesn't want to get involved in something

Nails. I mean, it would be ashame if a box of nails were to fall out of your truck as you left your driveway and spilled out along this curb line. What's really bad is you forget the nails are on your tailgate again a week or so later after he gets 4 new tires
large used pallet staples(ones with one side missing are truly deadly to tires), trust me it will take hours for enough air to drain out and it might happen well he is out

Back
Top Bottom