• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got it taken care of. I need the phone number for Congresswoman Marjorie Greene

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
I can't get the VA to provide proof of service for my friend that just died and can not be buried without the discharge papers.
We have had to reschedule his funeral once and looks like we might have to reschedule it again.
Does anyone know her phone number?

Trying to locale an ROTC team that might be able to assist with the service. Called Canton HS and left a message and looking for the previous ROTC instructor Col. (Ret.) Eddy Stanfill. Anyone know him?

When you get the discharge paperwork your friend could be buried for free at the Georgia Veterans Memorial Cemetery at Milledgeville. My father did 30 years in the Army and his request was we bury him there. My mother is a Marine that did 6 years in the corp. Her request is for me to bury her with him when she passes. When the funeral home drives the casket there , the military funeral soldiers take possession of the casket and present a folded US Flag to the family after the final committal service is complete.

Finally got the discharge papers. The VA cemetery had them and had not sent them to the Air Force. Looks like its going to finally happen. This has been a wake up call for me to get my affairs in order so my kids Don't have to go through this when I pass in another 40 or 50 years. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom