• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got my truck broken in!!! Safe held up!

Can i fix the safe and continue to use it?

• Safe is good to use

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Buy another safe

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
is this mostly happening to trucks?

My truck, 1 SUV and 3 cars got hit that night. All spread apart. To be fair I was talking to someone at the gym and when he looked at my truck he said, "yea if I was breaking into trucks yours would be the first one, it screams ar15 and glock." Guess I need to slap a coexist and other hippy stickers on it to become less of a target.

My truck, 1 SUV and 3 cars got hit that night. All spread apart. To be fair I was talking to someone at the gym and when he looked at my truck he said, "yea if I was breaking into trucks yours would be the first one, it screams ar15 and glock." Guess I need to slap a coexist and other hippy stickers on it to become less of a target.

A guy that I work with has a completely unassuming Toyota Camry that he drives, with a big Glock sticker pasted across the back window. I have warned him about it. Sometimes I will see him as we are driving into work, at night, and I can see that sticker 3 cars ahead of me at a red light. If I were a thief I would follow him right in and wait. I would hate for him to learn the hard way, but he didn't listen, so a dose of reality may be his unfortunate wake up call.

They’re not gonna respond from that building, they’re gonna respond from wherever they happen to be at the time.

An entering auto call with the perps no longer on the scene, and no description, is a low priority call. Lots going on in Dekalb Co that ranks higher on the list than that.

Glad the safe worked. Good chance the safe company will repair it if needed. Many offer that kind of warranty with them.

If possible, I always park my vehicle where I can see it from inside, whether at the gym, work or restaurant.

I call B.S. on folks that argue for leaving their vehicle unlocked. There isn't a cop out there that will recommend this. Had 2 occasions in my subdivision where someone came through and stole from vehicles. Every vehicle entered was unlocked. I even had a security cam that caught the perp checking the doors on my truck, finding them locked and then moving on. Unfortunately the cam was cheap and all you could see was an outline of the person. My neighbor got robbed both times, she didn't learn.

Rosewood

Do you recon there is a cop out there that's willing to replace a $500.00 window for the people they advise to lock their vehicle?

Do they also recommend driving your personal car like you stole it, like they drive our patrol cars?

It is based on experience. In their experience you are less likely to be broken in to if you lock your doors. Do you leave your house door unlocked so a burglar doesn't break your front door to get in? Do you leave the keys in the ignition so they don't have to cut wires to hot wire it? That is just plain silly.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom