• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got out and shot my suppressed FV-SR today *PICS*

BangBang

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I took some pics, but the targets are hard to see. I circled them in pink. We've got a single plate at 250 yards. It's right at the tree line. I think it's 12" but I honestly don't remember. We didn't have the 4-wheeler with us today and I didn't feel like walking out there to measure it.

We've got two smaller targets on a stand at 200 yards over to the left sitting out in the field.
IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

The 250 yard target through the scope
IMG_0774.JPG

The 200 yard targets through the scope
IMG_0780.JPG

Savage FV-SR with SilencerCo Sparrow. The scope is a cheap Centerpoint from Walmart, but it does the job. I did a home trigger job and polished the bolt and sear surfaces. I don't have a gauge, but the pull is SHORT and LIGHT!
IMG_0779.JPG

The factory stock really isn't all that great. Instead of a cheek weld, you have to get a chin weld. LOL! I just can't bring myself to buy a $100+ aftermarket stock for a $200 gun though.
IMG_0783.JPG

It was a nice afternoon to be outside getting some trigger time!

Looks like a good time. I have a fv-sr set up suppressed as well and they really are a joy to shoot. Never stretched it out like that, mostly close in shots on tree rats. Nice set up and some fine shooting! Was the trigger work you done pretty straight forward and easily done?

Looks like a good time. I have a fv-sr set up suppressed as well and they really are a joy to shoot. Never stretched it out like that, mostly close in shots on tree rats. Nice set up and some fine shooting! Was the trigger work you done pretty straight forward and easily done?
Thank you sir. Next time we go out I'll get some video. The ammo I was using is rated at 1080fps, so it stays subsonic and is super quiet.

The bullet is moving so slow that I can take my shot at the 250 yard target and then cycle the bolt and chamber another round before you even hear the steel ringing. On a sunny day I can actually SEE the bullet arcing through the air towards the target. LOL

As for the trigger, it's a really easy DIY job and the results are AMAZING. I really wish I had a gauge to test it because I'd bet a $2 bill that it's less than 1 pound.

I've posted this before in another thread, but it's good info so here it is again.....

For the bolt, I just disassembled it and polished everything with a Dremel and a soft polishing wheel with Blue Magic metal polish. It took a LOOOONG time. LOL

My gun has the Accutrigger. You can buy a kit for it for $60, but I wasn't going to put a $60 kit in a $200 gun.

I just disassembled the trigger, cut 2 coils off the main trigger spring and then stretched the sear spring out a little. I circled them in pink in the pic below.

Then I polished the mating surfaces circled in green to a mirror shine.

You get a CRAZY light trigger pull, but you DO lose adjustability. I don't care though because I want it light all the time.

NOTE: I stole this pic online. It says to cut 1 3/4 coils, but I cut 2 when I did mine.

IMG_0676.JPG

I'm a big fan of this cheek pad for my FVSR. Would love to get a Boyds stock but to your point, the gun is so cheap to begin with.

image (61).jpeg

Met the company owner at NRA Convention this year and he and his wife are nice peoples.

I bought the one 5/8" thick. It's listed on the bottom of this page:

http://godagrip.com/cheek-pads-2/

Best 20 bucks I ever put into a gun.

I'm a big fan of this cheek pad for my FVSR. Would love to get a Boyds stock but to your point, the gun is so cheap to begin with.

View attachment 1269467

Met the company owner at NRA Convention this year and he and his wife are nice peoples.

I bought the one 5/8" thick. It's listed on the bottom of this page:

http://godagrip.com/cheek-pads-2/

Best 20 bucks I ever put into a gun.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but Hayata Hayata is this product made for lefties?

also, i love my savage fv-sr, the quietest host I've heard for the .22.

Back
Top Bottom