• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got out and shot my suppressed FV-SR today *PICS*

The mags aren't very good and nobody makes aftermarket mags. You can only get 5 or 10 rounders and you have to be careful with them or they will come apart with you.

I had a 5-rounder that fell apart when the feedlips were forced open by somebody trying to push a bullet in backwards.

The gun came with one 5-rounder, but the pic in the OP shows it with a 10-rounder I've been using.

If somebody would come out with a nice aftermarket mag for these guns they would make a fortune.
Yep agreed the clips are the worst thing on the rifle

Yep agreed the clips are the worst thing on the rifle
I bought another 5-rounder at Academy when my first one fell apart and then bought two 10-rounders at a gun show.

I had also put a 10-rounder in my online cart on the Midway website one night and then closed it out without ever buying and forgot about it.

Well, @GlockGirl was at the house one weekend and used our computer to buy some stuff from Midway. When her stuff arrived, there was a 10-round Savage mag in the box. LOL It was still in the cart on the computer and she didn't notice it when she added her items and checked out.

Of course I paid her for it since she doesn't have a Savage .22, so I've got three 10-rounders now.

I bought another 5-rounder at Academy when my first one fell apart and then bought two 10-rounders at a gun show.

I had also put a 10-rounder in my online cart on the Midway website one night and then closed it out without ever buying and forgot about it.

Well, @GlockGirl was at the house one weekend and used our computer to buy some stuff from Midway. When her stuff arrived, there was a 10-round Savage mag in the box. LOL It was still in the cart on the computer and she didn't notice it when she added her items and checked out.

Of course I paid her for it since she doesn't have a Savage .22, so I've got three 10-rounders now.
she should of gave it to you as an gift , girls pfftt

she should of gave it to you as an gift , girls pfftt
Hahaha!

Well, she's given me no telling how much ammo over the years, so I was OK with paying her for the mag.

She gave me a box of 5.56 tracer ammo once. I'd never shot any of that stuff before. I took it out and shot it one evening right as it was getting dark. Talk about COOL!

My FV-SR is one of my favorite guns. Nice little range you got there.
Heck man, you posting pics and talking about your FV-SR was part of what influenced me to get one.

I'm just too cheap to pony up the bucks for one of those nice Boyds stocks like you've got.

Heck man, you posting pics and talking about your FV-SR was part of what influenced me to get one.

I'm just too cheap to pony up the bucks for one of those nice Boyds stocks like you've got.

Yea I understand what you say with the price of the rifle compared to the accessories. I think I paid $174 for the stock and bottom plate and $150 for my scope (Mueller APT), so altogether I got $550 but when you compare that to your everyday Glock its about the same price so its all relative.

A little off topic but that makes me think of how I dont want to pay $600 for a used PPK but I have no problem with paying $600-$700 for a HK USP. Its funny how we associate different price points for each gun or type of gun. Some people have $2000 into a rifle build but wont buy a Sig because "they're too expensive" lol

Hahaha!

Well, she's given me no telling how much ammo over the years, so I was OK with paying her for the mag.

She gave me a box of 5.56 tracer ammo once. I'd never shot any of that stuff before. I took it out and shot it one evening right as it was getting dark. Talk about COOL!
Tracer ammo is corrosive be sure to clean that mess out , and yea GG seems like a sweetheart

Yea I understand what you say with the price of the rifle compared to the accessories. I think I paid $174 for the stock and bottom plate and $150 for my scope (Mueller APT), so altogether I got $550 but when you compare that to your everyday Glock its about the same price so its all relative.

A little off topic but that makes me think of how I dont want to pay $600 for a used PPK but I have no problem with paying $600-$700 for a HK USP. Its funny how we associate different price points for each gun or type of gun. Some people have $2000 into a rifle build but wont buy a Sig because "they're too expensive" lol
I'm definitely guilty of the same thing. I've put countless thousands of dollars into AR's over the past 6 or 7 years, but won't buy a Boyd's stock for my FV-SR.

I've also wanted a CZ SP-01 Phantom forever, but haven't got one yet because I can't find one for less than $575 and I just don't want to pay that much for a handgun.

The bad thing is I KNOW we'll all be looking back in a few years and talking about how low gun prices were in 2017 and talking about all the guns/mags/ammo we wish we had bought. LOL

I'm definitely guilty of the same thing. I've put countless thousands of dollars into AR's over the past 6 or 7 years, but won't buy a Boyd's stock for my FV-SR.

I've also wanted a CZ SP-01 Phantom forever, but haven't got one yet because I can't find one for less than $575 and I just don't want to pay that much for a handgun.

The bad thing is I KNOW we'll all be looking back in a few years and talking about how low gun prices were in 2017 and talking about all the guns/mags/ammo we wish we had bought. LOL

Exactly!

You know I really dread when that happens.

Tracer ammo is corrosive be sure to clean that mess out
I'm borderline OCD about my gun cleaning. If I take a gun out and run a single mag through it, I'll go back home and break it down and spend an hour or more detail cleaning every little part of it.

It's a sickness!

:pound:

Back
Top Bottom