• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got the DD MK18 Upper. Now what?

SOLGW or BCM for the BCG, if you’re wanting a high quality BCG of the mil-spec variety.

If you’re wanting to get fancy with it, look at the new offerings from Surefire or Forward Controls (I don’t believe that one is quite available yet).

I was just messing with you. The BCG is one of the most critical components. Would a PSA BCG potentially last as long as a BCM or DD? Maybe, but I wouldn't cheap out since you already have a DD upper. DD BCGs go on-sale from time-to-time for $150 or a BCM is also quality. I'd get one of those 2 for a BCG. A basic CH and A2 flash-hider are fine. If you really want an upgraded CH, the BCM CH are pretty much the standard for an upgraded one.
You had me going.

Thanks for the input. I have a tendency to go little crazy so, I'm trying not to. However, want to try and maintain the integrity of the purchase so, this all parallels my original instincts. Hayata made an interesting comment and added Wallace so, I went digging for that thread and, took some ideas from that as well.

I expect that once I have the upper completed, what it sits on will eventually change I'm sure.

Thanks all.

You can get a colt upper,bcg, and charging handle for 200 from shark arms if you email them with ar15.com in the subject. Switch out the upper and sell the DD one for 140-160. That gives you a good bang for buck and makes the gun clone correct

Back
Top Bottom