• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gout

Ruger34

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
I Reckon So
232   0
Reaction score
What is this cursed thing! Woke up this morning to my big toe swollen and hurting to a level that make you very irritated very fast!

Never in my life have I ever had this crap! What makes it start? How to make it end?

My dad suffers from it and when it flares up he’s in a lot of pain. He quit drinking any form of alcohol and cut out red meat, shellfish and all seafood completely. Not sure which part solved it, but he has not had a flare up in years. He also had some pills he can pop if it does act up and makes the situation manageable. Good luck with it. Real cherry juice and definitely a diet change.

Hatchet… Kunta Kinte

Edit: Sorry I can’t be of true help. I had a very dear friend that suffered with Gout and never really found anything that would help. He often said he would cut it off if he new that would end the pain.

I tried to fight it for years. In my humble opinion, nothing works. Not cherry juice, cider vinegar, baking soda.... The only thing that mildly reduced the pain was pot. I'm 55 and went on medication for it last year. Didn't want too, cause it's a drug for life, but I don't regret it now. Haven't had a flare up since and I get to eat what I want.

What is this cursed thing! Woke up this morning to my big toe swollen and hurting to a level that make you very irritated very fast!

Never in my life have I ever had this crap! What makes it start? How to make it end?
First and foremost make sure it is gout. Thought I had gout a few years back. Same thing, swollen,red, painful big toe. Went to doctor to find out it was a bone spur. Eventually I will need surgery on it but it wasn't gout so diet wasn't going to help. Just my 2¢

Back
Top Bottom