• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gout

I tried to fight it for years. In my humble opinion, nothing works. Not cherry juice, cider vinegar, baking soda.... The only thing that mildly reduced the pain was pot. I'm 55 and went on medication for it last year. Didn't want too, cause it's a drug for life, but I don't regret it now. Haven't had a flare up since and I get to eat what I want.
This is about the only way to manage it.

So, my doctor gave me a scrip for the shingles vax. I'm 90% afraid to take it and 90% afraid to not???
My insurance actually covers it for my wife and myself without a scrip.
Yes, I took it it's a 2 part shot, be prepared it will feel like somebody hit you in the arm with a sledge hammer for a day or so. Makes you feel bad a few days too sometimes. Take the second shot within 6 months too.

This is about the only way to manage it.
I manage mine with juniper berry pills and concentrated cherry juice when a flare up starts.
Yes, I took it it's a 2 part shot, be prepared it will feel like somebody hit you in the arm with a sledge hammer for a day or so. Makes you feel bad a few days too sometimes. Take the second shot within 6 months too.
That's my reservation, that and I don't trust big pharma or the government at all.

I’ve had it for years. It is extremely painful when you have a flare up. The doctor can give you some medicine to take daily and help prevent another flare up and also an anti inflammatory for when you do. I had a couple of flare ups before I finally went to the doctor, he gave me some anti inflammatory meds and it helped a lot. In my experience the best way to prevent it is your diet. Alcohol (especially dark beer) and shellfish cause me to flare up, but it can be different foods for different people. It has to do with your uric acid level that cause crystals to form in your joints. Ice, ibuprofen, and Tylenol also help, but only to a degree. Also, drink a lot of water. I would suggest getting to the doc as soon as possible, a flare up can last for days. Best of luck with this.

Quit drinking any alcohol in 2014, been on Alllopurinol and Diclofenac for several years now. Those help. I love seafood, but I can no longer eat shrimp or standby here it comes. I go to the gym 5 days a week now and that has really helped.

I've been shot, cut, and broken bones and gout hurts worse than all three combined.

Well this sucks! Always thought hour was an old man thing! Heck I guess 43 is old these days! Seems I hit 40 and the check engine light came on and can’t get it out!
Same age when I first got it.

Diet changes, limit alcohol, but first get a blood test from your doctor. She can make sure it's gout. You can take medicine for the flare-ups.

I took allopurinol for a year. After making some diet changes I stopped taking the meds and haven't had a flare up since.

I manage mine with juniper berry pills and concentrated cherry juice when a flare up starts.

That's my reservation, that and I don't trust big pharma or the government at all.
With all do respect, I agree, I didn't take the 3 month trial jab and won't ever, but this shot has been around awhile. This I will promise you, if you ever get the shingles, you'll damn sure wished you had got the shot. Very, very, painful and stays around for awhile. You will go to the doctor to get something that might help.

Back
Top Bottom