• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grandpa went into hospice last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 94, and had a great run, but the last year has been tough. Especially when we had to move him to a senior care facility back in November. Since then it’s just been progressively worse each week.

He‘d been struggling lately, but he finally gave up. Last Wednesday he went to see his wife; told her that was probably the last time he’d be in that house. He’s been refusing food and water since Friday. Saying he wants to go home. We finally caved and put hospice care in there last night.

Billy Waller, born and bred in Eatonton Ga. I hope some of you got to know him, too. (He ran the probation office in Baldwin County for a couple of decades. I’d bet a nickel some of y’all were his clients).

I feel terrible just waiting for him to die. Honestly , I feel terrible because I am hoping he dies so he can get some peace. That’s just not how we are wired. He’s my last of 4 grandparents. I was lucky to have them all around a long time. They were all great people.

Pity party over. Please pray for my dad. He’s taking it hard.

Grandpa is the tough old coot in the chair.

View attachment 5443822
Praying for all of y’all. I can see the roots run deep, I’d have to say that by looking at you guys he is a good man. God touch each and have you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom