• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grandpa went into hospice last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is never easy to see someone we have loved and cherished (and sometimes almost worshiped) succumb to the inevitable. May you and your family have the courage to carry on in his shadow, set an example for others to see how a life should be lived. May his passing be peaceful. Prayers to Gramps and to the family and friends. Dominus Vobiscum.

:pray2: Here is to your gramps , it seems like he was a good man and a tough ole bird that taught you and your family a great deal over the years.
Celebrate his accomplishments and achievements- do not mourn his loss very long.
He will be waiting there to see you when your time comes.
May God shine on you all and bless your souls.

My deepest sympathies WallsGa WallsGa

:pray2: Here is to your gramps , it seems like he was a good man and a tough ole bird that taught you and your family a great deal over the years.
Celebrate his accomplishments and achievements- do not mourn his loss very long.
He will be waiting there to see you when your time comes.
May God shine on you all and bless your souls.

My deepest sympathies WallsGa WallsGa

Thank you sir. He was.

He's the one who taught me to hunt and fish. The first gun I ever shot was his Remington 1187. I still have that gun. It was a Christmas gift to him from Grandma. He would always let me hunt with it and he would take his old kick-like-a-mule 16 gauge whenever we went bird hunting off 212 in Milledgeville.

He even went golfing with me a handful of times, but he couldn't stand being beaten by a 12-year-old so he gave that up pretty quick.

Every time we would go see him he would tell my wife to " take care of my boys"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom