• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

PSA had problems with cracked cast trunnions, same as DDI, IIRC. V2 is supposed to be better, but still no hammer forged, chrome-lined barrel. It is a MUST for shooting bimetal ammo.
Good deal on a US build AK, but I am waiting for Saigas to come back into USA and for prices on Veprs to fall.
Do you have a link to the cracked trunnions? I haven't heard that, their V1s passed 10,000 rounds according to PSA for what it's worth. They state that they only upgraded because it was requested.

Chrome is better says who? Nitride finishing is much harder than chrome, covers the entire barrel, does not decrease accuracy, and lasts much longer than chrome lining. While I wish they were using Nitrided CHF barrels, I've seen Rockwell tests that show Nitrided 4150 AK barrels just as hard or even harder than original CHF chrome lined AK barrels.

Chrome is better says who? Nitride finishing is much harder than chrome, covers the entire barrel, does not decrease accuracy, and lasts much longer than chrome lining. While I wish they were using Nitrided CHF barrels, I've seen Rockwell tests that show Nitrided 4150 AK barrels just as hard or even harder than original CHF chrome lined AK barrels.
Read Guns.ru No one there runs bimetal ammo in non-chromed guns, including nitrated barrels. And they pay a WHOLE lot more for copper-clad ammo than we do. Plus with the surplus corrosive Yugo ammo still coming in, I would not want to take a chance on non-chromed barrel and piston, plus chrome is a whole lot easier to clean.

As far hardness test.... Nitride Treatment extends only a few thousands in the metal. Hammer forging hardens the WHOLE barrel, thru and thru.

No, you might not, but I plan on passing my collection to my kids, and since AK barrel are very expensive to replace, unlike AR's, I want something that will last a few generations.
Why settle for something when you can get a better product for not much more?

I would pass on these in a hard way. I've seen too many bad reviews where there were so many things wrong, it was hard to believe. Buy or build quality and be done

I would pass on these in a hard way. I've seen too many bad reviews where there were so many things wrong, it was hard to believe. Buy or build quality and be done
Lifetime warranty. Everything Rob Ski has tested from PSA has passed the 5k rounds and abuse. Now I'm not selling my MAK90, but I think this is a quality rifle and that's a decision each person has to make for themselves.

Lifetime warranty. Everything Rob Ski has tested from PSA has passed the 5k rounds and abuse. Now I'm not selling my MAK90, but I think this is a quality rifle and that's a decision each person has to make for themselves.

Yeah and I made up mine for myself after reading numerous reviews from reputable builders who said they throw away better parts than what psa used. I make my decisions based on my observations as a builder and other reputable builders. Who GAS about 5k rounds? That's not even broken in for an AK. I wouldn't waste my money on one to see for myself when so many knowledgeable AK guys have already given negative reviews. Of course people need to make up their own mind but it's foolish to declare an ak a success just because it shot 5k rounds without fail.

Yeah and I made up mine for myself after reading numerous reviews from reputable builders who said they throw away better parts than what psa used. I make my decisions based on my observations as a builder and other reputable builders. Who GAS about 5k rounds? That's not even broken in for an AK. I wouldn't waste my money on one to see for myself when so many knowledgeable AK guys have already given negative reviews. Of course people need to make up their own mind but it's foolish to declare an ak a success just because it shot 5k rounds without fail.
Links to any of these bad reviews? Honestly I'd love to read them. The only complaint I've seen is a few issues with the muzzle device plunger that do not affect function. The tests that Rob Ski at AKOU does include much more than shooting 5k rounds, such as rifle pushups, many drops onto concrete, dragging through the river, running over with trucks, mag dumps, etc. Short of blowing the damn thing up with tannerite or explosives, I'm not sure how else they could be abused. Please direct me to some more hardcore test/reviews on AKs.

Back
Top Bottom