• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

Just bought my first AK a couple months ago.
I'm very ignorant of this weapon but really enjoy shooting it.
I believe you should buy the best quality tools and weapons are no different.
So........for the money, what IS the best AK?
I may have just opened another Pandora's box but WTF.

At this point the latest Arsenal at $850 imho seems to be the best for the money. People will point out the finish, trigger etc. but these are very nice rifles I currently own 2 and can speak first hand of the quality. On the other hand I also have some post ban Romanian guns that have been denuetered and are also nicely built, no cant, that I paid less than $650 for. Do some research and decide for yourself what you ultimately want in an ak. Out of the box, Arsenal. If you are willing to denueter then the Sar, cur, wum series of rifles can be found reasonably priced and threaded for around $50. Mak 90's and such rifles are also fine choices but cost more to convert as well as the Saiga's/Veprs. Npaps and wasr's are also reliable choices with the edge going to the wasr. The Psa ak's definately show promise from the "all American" made perspective but I personally feel more time is needed to show their full potential. The imported rifles have decades of pedigree behind them therefore my preference but I am considering a psa barreled receiver kit to roll my own so to speak. Just my opinion and others may disagree.

Update: PSA shipped this AK kit pretty fast. Ordered them the afternoon of 1/20, got my build kit (furniture/parts) on 1/25 and my barreled receiver from my FFL on 1/26. Put it all together last night after watching PSAs instructional video.

Everything went smoothly except the MOE stock which I had to YouTube the install since there were no instructions lol. Rivets are all well done, beautiful finish, no problems with the muzzle threads/device, very happy overall. Plan on sighting it in today.

Edit: the US Palm grip was from my parts box, I like it better than the Magpul one in the kit, may rit dye it black later.

Attachments

• IMG_20170126_213446.jpg
    IMG_20170126_213446.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20170126_185907.jpg
    IMG_20170126_185907.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 32
Update: PSA shipped this AK kit pretty fast. Ordered them the afternoon of 1/20, got my build kit (furniture/parts) on 1/25 and my barreled receiver from my FFL on 1/26. Put it all together last night after watching PSAs instructional video.

Everything went smoothly except the MOE stock which I had to YouTube the install since there were no instructions lol. Rivets are all well done, beautiful finish, no problems with the muzzle threads/device, very happy overall. Plan on sighting it in today.

Edit: the US Palm grip was from my parts box, I like it better than the Magpul one in the kit, may rit dye it black later.
Looks good, I'm considering ordering a barreled receiver kit also. Good to hear everything went together smoothly. Probably gonna wait for a 5.45 kit, not sure if those are available yet.

Fit and Finish is very good for this rifle and all the parts look even and well put together.
Rivets are Nice and round and do not push the Receiver metal in (but are tight).
I will be shooting this rifle this Sunday and will report on how well it does.
This is what my Barreled Receiver looked like when I opened the package.
and below is what it looks like now.
5.JPG

6.JPG

Edit: I tired several deferent magazines and only 2 of the metal ones I had did not fit (too tight and they are brand new I think the Korean ones).
All Magazines fit well and some tighter than others.
Will update as to which ones fit well and the ones that do not.
But all of the polymer ones I have from Circle 10 to Palm to Tapco to Magpul all fit real well.

Back
Top Bottom