• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

I guess if you make the assumption that the builder and person counting parts are one and the same.

I believe they are all hired and managed by the same people. If they hire people that can't count parts, I wouldn't have much faith they are that they are hiring assemblers with skill and experience. But hey, it's your decision

Fit and Finish is very good for this rifle and all the parts look even and well put together.
Rivets are Nice and round and do not push the Receiver metal in (but are tight).
I will be shooting this rifle this Sunday and will report on how well it does.
This is what my Barreled Receiver looked like when I opened the package.
and below is what it looks like now.
View attachment 1043036
View attachment 1043040

Edit: I tired several deferent magazines and only 2 of the metal ones I had did not fit (too tight and they are brand new I think the Korean ones).
All Magazines fit well and some tighter than others.
Will update as to which ones fit well and the ones that do not.
But all of the polymer ones I have from Circle 10 to Palm to Tapco to Magpul all fit real well.

I read the other day they are using cast bolts and carriers, and that the trunnions are no good. Did you verify any of this to not be true? Did you check any of the tolerances (headspace, etc.) ?

I read the other day they are using cast bolts and carriers, and that the trunnions are no good. Did you verify any of this to not be true? Did you check any of the tolerances (headspace, etc.) ?
Might want to check those post dates, that sounds like the first gen (which had a cast trunnion and bolt and was released in 2015). I've never read of or seen any issues with the gen 1 bolt or front trunnion (please share), but PSA openly admits that people asked for those parts to be forged and so they did. They also have CHF barrels in the works and underfolders and side folding assemblies that work with the puzzle piece rear tang.

Mine headspaced just fine and the things you are talking about are Gen-1 Issues not Gen-2.
Mine seems to be all good.
Will be shooting it 1/29/2017 and will post how well it does with different ammo and magazines.

Might want to check those post dates, that sounds like the first gen (which had a cast trunnion and bolt and was released in 2015). I've never read of or seen any issues with the gen 1 bolt or front trunnion (please share), but PSA openly admits that people asked for those parts to be forged and so they did. They also have CHF barrels in the works and underfolders and side folding assemblies that work with the puzzle piece rear tang.

Post dates were Jan 20 and Jan 25 2017 after someone posted this same deal in a closed facebook ak site. The two guys that said it, (actually there were tons of negative posts about these psa guns) are nationally known ak builders with stellar reputations.

I can't confirm for myself because I'm not going to waste money on buying one but I would trust their conclusions over all others combined.

Post dates were Jan 20 and Jan 25 2017 after someone posted this same deal in a closed facebook ak site. The two guys that said it, (actually there were tons of negative posts about these psa guns) are nationally known ak builders with stellar reputations.

I can't confirm for myself because I'm not going to waste money on buying one but I would trust their conclusions over all others combined.
Fair enough but that essentially that amounts to some random guys on the internet hating on a rifle without actual evidence of any problems. I'm inclined to contribute unsubstantiated claims of awfulness to the same line of hate that PSA gets for the ARs, which is usually related to the "I spent a fortune on my rifle so this budget rifle must be a piece of ****" line of thinking to protect their ego.

Thanks for mentioning the headspacing concern btw. I didn't have a set for 7.62x39 and while I have a good bit of trust for PSA, my set is on the way from Brownells now. I'll double check the headspace before I fire it this week.

Back
Top Bottom