• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great, great community and platform, but web design can use help. Spent 45 minutes finding "Become a Supporter"

shovel99

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
49   0
Reaction score
.... and it was buried in the Site News and Feedback Forum by sticky.
My suggestion: ad an need an easy to find button at the top of your home page, bright contrasting color(not Camo Green), "Become a Supporter" .... boom.... cashflow.
Same thing for "Post new Ad to Classified". I am a relatively infrequent user, maybe come on and look for or sell something 2 or 3 times per year. Each and every time it is counterintuitive to have to find my way to the classifieds and be looking for something to find the small button "Ad a Listing" I'll bet 80% of traffic is 1) search listings by buyer and 2) Post a listing. And the most important to you guys is BECOME A SUPPORTER, cash flow. Finding listings is easy. The others aren't.
Maybe it is just me....

Yeah, as they say "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease."

If you want people to donate or become supporters, ask them.
Maybe tie it in to their level of activity here. If a person is logged-in, after each 100th post they click on to read fully, a message appears saying "It seems like you find our content interesting. Would you consider donating to help us pay for running this website?" This would be for any threads / posts, not just in the buy-sell-trade area.

.... and it was buried in the Site News and Feedback Forum by sticky.
My suggestion: ad an need an easy to find button at the top of your home page, bright contrasting color(not Camo Green), "Become a Supporter" .... boom.... cashflow.
Same thing for "Post new Ad to Classified". I am a relatively infrequent user, maybe come on and look for or sell something 2 or 3 times per year. Each and every time it is counterintuitive to have to find my way to the classifieds and be looking for something to find the small button "Ad a Listing" I'll bet 80% of traffic is 1) search listings by buyer and 2) Post a listing. And the most important to you guys is BECOME A SUPPORTER, cash flow. Finding listings is easy. The others aren't.
Maybe it is just me....

There's a "Become a Suppporter!" section with big red "Support ODT" button at the bottom right of every page.

1643298879006.png

Key Words: Bottom of the page.
I have never seen the bottom of the page because I never needed to see the bottom of the page.
Just trying to help ODT make it easy to capture support.

DanKATL DanKATL - why you got that logo on your captured image? Aren't you a supporter or are you a spammer?

Okuma Okuma said... "Ok we've decided to turn off the watermarks for supporters. I'm assuming most spammers won't be supporters so they won't be able to pull the images without the watermarks on them."

DanKATL DanKATL - why you got that logo on your captured image? Aren't you a supporter or are you a spammer?

Okuma Okuma said... "Ok we've decided to turn off the watermarks for supporters. I'm assuming most spammers won't be supporters so they won't be able to pull the images without the watermarks on them."
It’s on the image on your page because your not a supporter.

It’s on the image on your page because your not a supporter.
Yep, understand... was somewhat joking because the Support ODT button is almost obscured by the big new "non-supporter" logo. It seems it is meant as punishment for those of us who support by daily browsing and clicking vs. the paid supporters.

Kind of makes me think of those Vaxxed vs Non-Vaxxed credentials soon to be required in the good old US of A.

Yep, understand... was somewhat joking because the Support ODT button is almost obscured by the big new "non-supporter" logo. It seems it is meant as punishment for those of us who support by daily browsing and clicking vs. the paid supporters.

Kind of makes me think of those Vaxxed vs Non-Vaxxed credentials soon to be required in the good old US of A.

NO, it's meant to help cut down on the scammers stealing images from listings here and using to post scam listings elsewhere. Please keep this thread on topic, we have enough "vax" threads in the discussion forums.

If you have an issue with the watermarks, you can voice them here:

Back
Top Bottom