• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great....just great.....

TresMonos

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
It's Great To Be Back Home
138   0
Reaction score
Woman's wireless headphones explode on trans-pacific flight. I really need to know what brand these were.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ode-mid-flight-falls-asleep-article-1.2998085

assets.nydailynews.com_polopoly_fs_1.2998084.1489534660__img_h3f81094c20001b9eda50f03aa19341de.jpg

They don't "explode" as much as they "vent with flame". Lithium batteries are dangerous-- the cheap Chinese ones 100X worse than the reputable Japanese and Korean cells. But they are 75% cheaper... Personally, I like my house, car, and body. I stick to the known good brands (Panasonic, etc.).

Just something to think about when buying replacement batteries for laptops, cameras, phones, e-cigs, flashlights, etc.

And one should never, ever leave a lithium battery on a charger unattended.

They don't "explode" as much as they "vent with flame".
Isn't that nothing more than a slow controlled explosion though? Either way I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
I stick to the known good brands (Panasonic, etc.).
Like Samsung.....yeah so, no manufacturer that uses lithium batteries is really immune from this.
And one should never, ever leave a lithium battery on a charger unattended.
The article doesn't state where or not these were charging, I suspect they were but still.... they were on her head.....

I like li-po batteries for my airsoft guns, but only after adding safeguard circuitry to the gun, li-po batteries also REQUIRE a different charger...

Back
Top Bottom