• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great upgrade for the Glock MOS

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
OPF-G, RMR (Optics Platform, Glock, for RMR) is a Glock MOS Adapter Set 01 compatible plate for mounting Trijicon RMR or SRO on Glock Gen 4 and Gen 5 slides, G17, G19, G34, G35, G41 (width 25mm/1 inch.) It is incompatible with G40 that uses Set 02.

“This was posted in our FB group, by an armorer/range master for an agency of 325 officers. Thank you sir :)
For anyone who is curious about the OPF-G MOS Glock plate, here’s another debrief in addition to the ones already posted.

First off, the RMR to plate fit is snug. As in, unexpectedly snug. The RMR easily holds the plate to it even when turned upside down and back over and shaken a bit. It feels like pressing a RMR into an ATEI custom cut pocket. (For those in the south, it passes the DQ blizzard test easily).

Installation is straight forward, and the kit includes top notch, clearly labeled hardware. The vibratite included is sufficient for multiple screws from several kits, so if you have a couple to do open one vial only and save the other for battery change time. The included torx wretch is legit. It’ll stay in my range kit as a handy T10.

I have had hands on with two of these so far, and this is a massive upgrade over the MOS plates. And, I would say a better option than the aluminum plates out there.

Compared against my ATEI cut slides the optic sits at almost the same height level. I was able to immediately pick up the fit on this without modifying my presentation at all. I was also able to get a very low iron sight picture with just standard suppressor sights (not MOS height).

One aspect we tested last week and I tested again today was return to zero of the optic. We zeroed, dismounted the optic and remounted it to torque spec last week with a complete return to zero. Today I mounted, zeroed, and dismounted and remounted 3 total times shooting a combined 40 round group that remained centered over the initial zero group. The additional fencing around the optic and the tight tolerance definitely helps eliminate a large zero shift at battery change. Of course you should always confirm, but I know from seeing many MOS plates that there can be large zero shifts when batteries are changed.

I’ll do long term testing on it, but I handed this gun to 5 shooters today for a combined total of 500 115gr practice loads and 125ish 127gr+p+ (1230 FPS)full blown duty loads and saw no shift in zero, no change in screw torque or loosening etc.

This is the definitive MOS solution. The only real room for improvement would me plate to slide fit could be just a bit tighter without causing issues with fit I think, but it’s so far ahead of the MOS plate it’s hardly worth mentioning.

If you run an MOS, get these for them all. Period. I’m recommending them to all my guys without hesitation. Several are purchasing after seeing our first 6 last week.”

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html

C0FB4D12-49F4-4391-A2A2-0A0BAF01F2D5.jpeg
A96C7A7E-B61E-46B8-AE7B-406FCD6B0E6F.jpeg
A27E8862-BA58-4044-8659-E0BEBE4F2906.jpeg
E97613A6-26DB-4A4A-BDB5-73862918DF0B.jpeg

I'm admittedly ignorant when it comes to the RMR game, but $68 seems a little steep for such a small piece of machined metal.

It would be great if they had plates for other red dots, I find the RMR to be inferior to DeltaPoint. I mainly dislike the smaller visibility and green tint. An option for Sig and Vortex would be great.

Back
Top Bottom