• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Green giant canned veggies @ Kroger

By the way, canned veg are shelf stable for years.....years......

Tomatoes in lined cans will last a long time too. When the cans were three pieces of tin soldered, they'd last only as long as it took the acids to eat through the tin seals.

Absolutely. I have some cans that are 2+ years past their "Best By" dates and they are still fine. I ate a can of corn last week from that old batch and it was delicious. Tomatoes are very acidic so they don't last AS long as corn, green beans and peas but thy do last as long as a presidential term. Hint, hint.

Absolutely. I have some cans that are 2+ years past their "Best By" dates and they are still fine. I ate a can of corn last week from that old batch and it was delicious. Tomatoes are very acidic so they don't last AS long as corn, green beans and peas but thy do last as long as a presidential term. Hint, hint.

I've eaten canned veg that were more than 10 years old with no ill effects. Tomatoes past 4 or 5 are iffy.

Especially if kept cool & dry environment.

Back
Top Bottom