• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Green Gun

So... even though she is a temporary citizen , she can still get a carry permit AND purchase firearms?

If so, I find that very interesting.

Green Card status is permanent once given, and wont expire even if your card has a date of expiration. Holder is eligible to almost everything but to vote and medicare.

she does not have citizenship? i thought once you are married she was a citizen.

No, once you are married to a US citizen your status doesn't change at all. Untill you apply for a Green Card based on marriage. Two years later you can apply for a citizenship.

ok so she can't be exported if it expires. I'm pushing her to take the citizenship test. Her current card is good for 5 more years I think.

she's legal if she can show proof (utility bills, bank accounts, etc.)of residing at an address in the US with the legal green card and documents.

With a GWL I haven't been asked for proof of residence, I've had a green card for 20 years, waiting for the next 10 year one to arrive, taking a lonnnnng time.

Back when the Navy Supply School was in Athens, there were regular contingents of foreign servicemen going through it. The South Americans in particular were regular customers at the LGS, and they didn't even have Green Cards. (South Americans because they had the most liberal laws for gun ownership especially for the upper class, which most of the officers were.)

I don't know all the details of how, but they were able to do it.

Back
Top Bottom