• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grey Fox

She prob was close and went into labor and had to find a place quickly, she won't stay there long with all your activity and noise and will move them as soon she can.....she will actually help you with mice, chipmunks, snakes and a variety of other bothersome critters that can come around......

Unfortunately the fox nor her growing pups had any impact on our feral cat population :(
I have the pleasure of watching them in my backyard often. They are NOT going to have any effect on feral cats. They are surprisingly timid for a 'predator'. Birds, yes. Rodents, yes. Lizards, bugs yes. Rabbits, yes (though I can't say I've ever seen one carrying a swamp rabbit, just cottontails). Anything more aggressive or bigger than a rabbit, nope.
I watched a neighbor's VERY small cat stand down TWO grey foxes that were out hunting one morning. Wasn't much of a stand down. They started to approach, he bristled and hissed at them and they immediately decided there was easier breakfast somewhere else.
Also got one running up a tree trunk on trail cam somewhere. That was a surprise.

They regularly come in our backyard at the same time with raccoons and possums. If a raccoon comes close they take off. Have two foxes that I call Zig and Zag because of the way they run. Have not seen any rabbits for a long time.

If they do not represent a danger to you leave them until kits are able to leave. Just don't feed them and they will go on their own. They will keep your mouse population under control.
Or at least humanely trap them and relocate.

I found it’s actually illegal to relocate them in GA.

I just don’t want them eating my chickens.

I found it’s actually illegal to relocate them in GA.

I just don’t want them eating my chickens.
What happened with the foxes? I’m in the same predicament. I have a mom and two youngsters at the front of my yard. I’m really surprised to see them since a family of groundhogs moved in several months ago.

Back
Top Bottom