• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Griffin Optimus Detailed Operation Video

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
The guys at Griffin Armament told me about this yesterday at the shoot. Good video showing the different setups and options for the Optimus. Its kind of painful to watch, but its still a good video.

Ill have mine in the next month, fingers crossed. I was beyond happy to shoot one yesterday at the QRF shoot.

So, I've been looking around and reading, not seeing much love for the Optimis outside of industry guys doing reviews. It it still "too new" for there to be third party reviews? I know I got my order in early for it, as I see most people talking about waiting for them to be in stock.

While I enjoyed the QRF May Day suppressor demo event this past Saturday and spent a lot of time at both the Griffin Armament and the Rugged Suppressors tables, even demo-ing many of their respective suppressors, my initial leaning to select the Optimus for immediate purchase changed to the Rugged Obsidian 45 for my pistols and PCC, and the Rugged Surge for my rifles. I like Rugged's no-questions-asked unconditional lifetime guarantee, their unique "no-blowback" piston design on the Obsidian, and their double-sealed QR rifle mount on the Surge. I made the purchase today. (Thanks, Chris and Jake!) 'Maybe next time for the Optimus...

I had done some research the 2 weeks prior to the range day and decided on the optimus first and the liberty MysticX second. I did not see a whole lot of content on the webs for the Optimus. I looked on QRF website and seen that the optimus was out of stocked which sucked but once I got to the range and talked to Jake he said QRF had 15-20 of them in stock. I asked if he was doing a special price on them for guys at the range and he politely said the special is that he has them in stock. From talking to him and checking around the webs the optimus has been very successful they just have not been released from NFA jail yet and gotten into the owners hands.

The Liberty Mystic X has been around for a few years so alot of info on them. (owners have them in hand) I still would buy a Mystic X or Cosmic if they had end caps like the Optimus. I like the idea of be able to screw on a 22 cal end caps.

I had done some research the 2 weeks prior to the range day and decided on the optimus first and the liberty MysticX second. I did not see a whole lot of content on the webs for the Optimus. I looked on QRF website and seen that the optimus was out of stocked which sucked but once I got to the range and talked to Jake he said QRF had 15-20 of them in stock. I asked if he was doing a special price on them for guys at the range and he politely said the special is that he has them in stock. From talking to him and checking around the webs the optimus has been very successful they just have not been released from NFA jail yet and gotten into the owners hands.

The Liberty Mystic X has been around for a few years so alot of info on them. (owners have them in hand) I still would buy a Mystic X or Cosmic if they had end caps like the Optimus. I like the idea of be able to screw on a 22 cal end caps.

I would agree with this as well. Mine has been on a F4 since January. Very pleased with the one they had at the shoot.

Back
Top Bottom