• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grills

boinky

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
I've had a variety over the years and I like charcoal or lump. I'm in need of a new one, any suggestions? I currently have Oklahoma joe with side box which is about fallen off.

Yeah my buddy has one unfortunately they are not big enough. Many times I'm cooking half a hog on it. I'd love to have one, but it would not meet my needs and I'd still need a bigger grill.

I have a green egg at cabin and akron at house,I like the akorn better and it don’t break bank
0837A0B7-F55E-4CEC-8D84-117D494EBE80.png

I have a green egg at cabin and akron at house,I like the akorn better and it don’t break bankView attachment 5088928
I had that Akorn and the bottom of it, where the charcoal sits, rusted out in 6 months. They didn’t heat treat the paint/metal. I contacted the MFG and rather than providing warranty coverage, they told me to fix it myself.

I had that Akorn and the bottom of it, where the charcoal sits, rusted out in 6 months. They didn’t heat treat the paint/metal. I contacted the MFG and rather than providing warranty coverage, they told me to fix it myself.
Mine has been on a covered porch for 12 years still cooking as should.

I have two Big Green Eggs, a Medium and an XL. They're amazing and I would highly recommend. I haven't tried the off brand BGE but I can't imagine they're any worse.

Going to have to be pretty big to get a pig on it. For most stuff, a Weber “deluxe” kettle is a good option. The Slow ‘N Sear grill is an improvement over the Weber, it seems, but costs more. For a huge grill, I don’t know. The Amazing Ribs site has good reviews for a lot of products if you want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom