• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Group Bullet Purchase?

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
It's cold and my season to start reloading for 2011 has begun. I want to get an ATL area group together that reloads 9mm, .38/357, .40 and .45 together to bulk order Zero bullets out of Alabama, through Kirk Brookshire. He gives an 8% discount if you order 2K or more. I spoke to his Son and he thinks his Dad will give an additional discount on larger 10K orders. We can meet at one of the upcoming gun shows to distribute cabbage and confirm orders. Every little bit helps reduce overall cost. Currently page 4 of this thread has 3 primary bullet dealers. Updates will follow.

I was thinking about placing an order for a group/club price and that price would be determined by the total number and caliber/grain of the order. If anyone is interested and can meet at an ATL gun show then post what you want. So far projected request (these are not actual orders-yet until we obtain a set price) for:

Ramroddoc
9mm/FMJ 124gr-2k
.40/TCMJ 165gr-2k

Junior_357 is in for
.38/.357-125 gr. JSP 500-1K

00_green is considering, pending projected cost
38/357 158 LSWC
44 240 LSWC
45 230 LRN

SpeedyR-Maybe/probably
9mm 147 JHP-1k
10mm/40 165gr JHP-1k
380 95gr FMJ.-500

Jsmith15 is in Depending on the final price
.40 165 gr FMJ-1K

I will need an idea of what was to be ordered, obtain a pricing, post it and if acceptable, then meet with you all and collect the order money. I could distribute the bullets at one of the upcoming gun shows. Or once I have the money I could just head South and live a life of pleasure never to be heard from again....:cool:

If you are not familiar with Zero bullets here is a link. I have used their 9mm, .38/.357, .40 and .45 bullets for a couple of years now. http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RZD&Category_Code=ZJB

Also GuNut recomends http://www.precisiondelta.com/index.php (now gotta go watch "a fistful of dollars" and get my testosterone levels elevated).

For lead cast I have used these folks: http://www.missouribullet.com/ They offer individual discounts for LEO/Military active and former.

If there is already a group here, I want in on the next order. Thanks!

Last edited:
If we were talking .38/.357 in either 125 JSP's or 158 LSWC's, I'd want in on the deal. I've got 1500 158's right now...but I am about to have a loading push to rebuild the stash I have shot up lately...

Junior_357,

Would you be willing on meeting in Stockbridge or Jonesboro? I have not tried Zero's 125 grain .38/.357 bullets but I did use their 110 grain JHP that I worked a load that was around 1,600 FPS within the recommended loading data, without excessive visible stress on the cases. Let's just say they shot like lasers, accurate as hell and when an offending soda can full water got in one of the barn burner's path the result was spectacular!

Chris

P.S. for lead I use Missouri lead bullets here is their link. Shipping charges are reasonable if you buy 2K. Link: http://www.missouribullet.com/

Last edited:
Stockbridge/Jonesboro is quite a haul for me. I might could do it if I had more than one reason to be in the area - you know, to make more of a day of it to make the drive worth it.

The Zero 125 JSP's are my favorites. I load them hot in .38 cases...and my 4" guns seem to love them for target shooting and blasting Mtn. Dew bottles. Only problem is they were out-of-stock last time I tried to order them. Well, that and my snubnoses don't like them. I guess the pressure is too low or the bullet gets out before it gets up to speed...something. They shoot low compared to the 158's out of the same gun.

I ordered 2K of the 158 LSWC's from them a while back, right before I stopped loading due to deer season. They are great as well. Very accurate over a mid-range load of AA#2. I bet my 158 loads would be almost single-holers at 30 feet if I put my S&W 64 on a benchrest. I've shot 1" 6-shot groups...but I generally get a round or two that I pull off target. Not ammo related...operator error.

I have a friend who shoots competitively (USPSA), and he used to use Zero bullets in competition. IMO, they are as good as almost anybody else's bullets - and the price is very good as well.

Junior_357,

Zero is back ordered and I would not expect a fast turnaround once the request is in. I'm thinking 6-8 weeks but just guessing. There are several gun shows down this way on a regular basis. The big gun show at the Atlanta Expo center is close by and would be worth your while. It would make Kirk Brookshire easy access and easier to drop the order as well as pick up.

Whoa! I just checked Gun Shows of the South schedule and after the Augusta show in January they are not scheduled for any more 2011 shows in Georgia. Crap! I guess Eastman is again the big show now in ATL. Well, then I guess any gun show in ATL area would do depending on when and if Kirk was attending.

Check out the prices shipped to your door for Zero and Missouri. I went with Missouri due to cost. Their cast bullets are good to go. I rarely find a bullet that escaped the lube machine. I loaded up 4K of their .45 200 grain SWC. very accurate cast bullets. I loaded up 4k of their 147 grain cast with good results but tends to stress the brass a bit more than desired suppressed.

I love that 158 gr. LSWC and I shoot it in all my .38/.357 revolvers as a target load. I may be wrong but I think your snubby shoots low due to bullet hang time, if that's a correct term. In other words a bullet traveling faster will exit the barrel sooner thus muzzle rise from recoil affects it less and it shoots flatter. Longer barrel will raise more from recoil and thus raise point of impact. I may be wrong but it makes sense to me.

So do you want a box or two of 125 grain JHP's or JSP's from Zero?

RK Gun Shows aka Gun Shows of the South is going to have shows next year. They are schedule to be in M'tta. toward the end of January. I've bought through Kirk several times.

I guess you could be right. My old 19-5 2-1/2" just plain doesn't like the 125's. It loves the 158's...and is surprising accurate out to 45 feet. It would probably be accurate even further...but I can't see very well that far out. Thank goodness for muscle memory - it keeps me in the 8-ring on a standard silhouette at 45 feet, and that's good enough for me. My range gun (1969-date S&W Model 28 4") doesn't care what I feed it. It's pretty much a tack-driver...well, more like a hammer since it is one seriously heavy gun.

So do you want a box or two of 125 grain JHP's or JSP's from Zero?

Yeah...a box or two would be great. Actually, I have worked up loads for everything .358 that they sell except for the 110 grainers. I shoot a lot of S&W K-frames, so I steer away from the ultralight bullets, especially when I load up the magnums. So...anything 125 or 158, and I am in.

Good I'll update my post and include you as the second person interested. BTW I have shot the 110 grain barn burners through my 4" K frame 13-2. With wood grips it gets unpleasant after the 5th or 6 th round but deadly accurate and point of aim within 10 meters. My Dads 4" S&W K frame 65 with pachmayr grips is comfy as a couch shooting them. I usually shoot them through a Ruger 4 inch GP 100 just because it's a frigging crow bar and accurate as all get out. I think these 110 grainers would be more of an N frame type of gun unless it was someone you didn't like then an aluminum frame 2" snubbie would suffice. Har, har! Your S&W model 28 should like the recipe. It's on the AA web page with current load data. I used AA#9 a slower burning powder and it nearly fills the case but it's not nor should you compress it:http://www.accuratepowder.com/
I see you like revolvers. I'd like to see your 2" 19-5 if that's safe to say to another man. While I was digging around in the man cave for something else I pulled this out. Got a new camera today on sale at Best Buy and trying to figure it out, what cha think?
i52.tinypic.com_jl1ois.jpg
i51.tinypic.com_15qofm1.jpg
i54.tinypic.com_5mwaj4.jpg
i51.tinypic.com_2vil6k3.jpg
i53.tinypic.com_28a3hn8.jpg

Oh yeah before somebody asks what's the heater doing next to the gas can, it's a dehumidifier and stored there not operated there. And yes that's a big glass of ice with some burbon to keep it company. I'm off this whole week!

You guys might also compare Precision Delta. http://www.precisiondelta.com

I have been shooting them for years and found them just as accurate as Zero...at a lower price. The prices on the website are shipped prices. They give a $2 discount per 1000 on orders of 6k and $4 discount per 1000 on orders of 10k.

I'd be interested in the following but need a price before I can commit.

38/357 158 LSWC
44 240 LSWC
45 230 LRN

At this time I'm not interested in other weights or styles but if the price is right I'll revisit some old loads.

Back
Top Bottom