• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Group Bullet Purchase?

Ask, and ye shall receive:
i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_DSCF7145.jpg

i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_DSCF7144.jpg

i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_DSCF7141.jpg

It no longer has the big Hogue monogrips on there...it has a set of Hogue Bantams that match my 386NG.

And my Model 64, with the last target I shot on its first trip to the range:
i255.photobucket.com_albums_hh132_tflylejr_M64_small.jpg

I picked up a Model 65 4" last week...but no pics or range time yet.

GunNut,

Thank you! I have not heard of Precision Delta but with Kirk's current discount for 2K orders, .45 caliber 230 gr. FMJ is about 4 dollars cheaper per 1000 and shipped to my door through Precision Delta. The prices are subject to reduction. So if I have an idea of what you want then I can haggle with the numbers. This is not, I repeat not final tally. The numbers are all projected.

00_Green,

No need to commit but if you were buying what would be an estimate of your minimal needs. Ordering more after the prices are agreed may only reduce the price breaks given. I'll update the original post and try to clarify that for everyone.

I'll also work the South River Gun Club as a member and see if I can squirrel a deal through the club for club prices. If possible I'll post the progress and offer any price breaks to the other SRGC club members.

Chris

Junior_357,

That is some tasty shooting irons you have there and from your target you are quite the shooter with the S&W 64. It looks just like my dad's S&W 65. With a smooth trigger you just can't get much better than a silky smooth Smith for a combat revolver. Hope you’re pleased with your new to you acquisition. I saw a model 65 on the list a week or two ago but couldn't spare the cash due to Christmas and other projects on the burners. I guess you picked it up for a fair price.

GunNut,

Thank you! I have not heard of Precision Delta but with Kirk's current discount for 2K orders, .45 caliber 230 gr. FMJ is about 4 dollars cheaper per 1000 and shipped to my door through Precision Delta. The prices are subject to reduction. So if I have an idea of what you want then I can haggle with the numbers. This is not, I repeat not final tally. The numbers are all projected.

I was just passing along the info. I just received my order of 10k from Precision Delta last week. I'll be set for awhile....and my mail lady hopes so too.

Junior_357,

That is some tasty shooting irons you have there and from your target you are quite the shooter with the S&W 64. It looks just like my dad's S&W 65. With a smooth trigger you just can't get much better than a silky smooth Smith for a combat revolver. Hope you’re pleased with your new to you acquisition. I saw a model 65 on the list a week or two ago but couldn't spare the cash due to Christmas and other projects on the burners. I guess you picked it up for a fair price.

Thanks. My 19-5 is not a 'pretty' gun - it has its share of finish wear, but it is a great carry/car gun in its condition. A friend and I just installed a set of Wolff springs in it a few months ago (was getting light strikes)...and it's better than ever now. Silky smooth linear take up...little to no stacking...then BOOM.

My 64 has a target (grooved) trigger on it :(, but the new 65 has a smooth trigger. At least the trigger on the 64 is not as bad as my 4" 19-3 - that gun has the WIDE target trigger on it...and it will skin your finger by the end of a box of 50.

I'm down for a couple of boxes of 125's or 158's...whichever is available.

GunNut,

I think you are on the mail lady's naughty list. Does she just back up and a forklift then drops it at your door?

I KNOW I am on my mail person's naughty list. Probably my FedEx & UPS delivery persons' bad side as well. I am always ordering something heavy...

And RamRoddoc...in case you are wondering...my avatar is the business end of a 386NG. IMO, there are few other revolvers that can compare to a SC-alloy S&W in the comfort of carry department.

Junior_357,

I was thinking that (shrouded barrel visible). I'd like one but they have to go get the AED (automatic Defib device) and revive me when I see the price tag. How's the recoil with that bad pup? I saw one of those scad-unobtanium with a fiber optic front sight Smiths in .44 Magnum and was thinking whoa boy! The only way it could get better was if they started making them in a compact light weight two shot palm sized derringer, then I awoke with the AED attached to me, dang price tag!

Last edited:
Junior_357,

I was thinking that (shrouded barrel visible). I'd like one but they have to go get the AED (automatic Defib device) and revive me when I see the price tag. How's the recoil with that bad pup? I saw one of those scad-unobtanium with a fiber optic front sight Smiths in .44 Magnum and was thinking whoa boy! The only way it could get better was if they started making them in a compact light weight two shot palm sized derringer, then I awoke with the AED attached to me, dang price tag!

If it had a factory fiber optic front sight...then it was probably a PD version, which is even lighter than my NG. The PD's have titanium cylinders in addition to the Scandiunobtainium frame. Really light guns...with a really heavy price tag. I got a smoking deal on my 386 (lightly used for $300 less than new)...or I would not have it. I just missed a chance to buy a 360M&P (J-frame version) a while back for $450 ($750+ new)...but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get it. Why? Because full-.357 in a 13.1 oz. J-frame would be beyond painful. Someone I know had one...and the trigger guard cut his fingers on the first shot.

I cannot imagine shooting a SC-framed 329 with full-power loads. No thanks...

As far as recoil, I've have fired my friend's 386PD...and it was not pleasant. 18 oz. + .357M = sore hand. My NG is not quite as bad for recoil (24 oz. empty), but it's still not overly pleasant to shoot. But in a self defense situation...I'm pretty sure my first thought would not be 'the recoil is going to hurt'. Guess I'll deal with it if and when the time comes (hopefully it does not). In comparison to the 19-5...well, there is no comparison. The 19-5 snubby is very comfortable even with .357's - but I'm really not very recoil-sensitive either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom