• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GSSF 9mm load suggestions

If you want to shoot lead in the Glock barrel, you will need to use "hard cast" lead and stay away from "swaged" lead. The 1 in 10 trust rate is too fast for soft lead. The KKM is a 1 in 16 twist rate. With lead, slower velocity (900 or less) is better, ergo: the 135 grain and bigger is best for lead bullet use. A coated bullet is better that a wax only bullet. The Bayou bullet are about as good as they get.

If you want to shoot lead in the Glock barrel, you will need to use "hard cast" lead and stay away from "swaged" lead. The 1 in 10 trust rate is too fast for soft lead. The KKM is a 1 in 16 twist rate. With lead, slower velocity (900 or less) is better, ergo: the 135 grain and bigger is best for lead bullet use. A coated bullet is better that a wax only bullet. The Bayou bullet are about as good as they get.

Thank you sir.

i.imgur.com_CvpPnYp.jpg

Here's what I've settled on for my load for upcoming GSSF matches. Soft recoil and as good of accuracy as could be asked for from a factory Flock barrel. I do have some 124gr Noslers coming, snagged them on sale. Would be neat if they tighten the group up a hair more. Tighter 'cone of fire'=bigger practical target=shoot faster without penalties :D

Nice! Thank you for the info in 124 JHP's. I'm sticking with the 147's I've been loading for Charlston and Mobile. I'm still playing it's the 115 and the 120 PF concept. I'm trying RN at a COL of 1.15 and still getting a flyer in a 5 shot group. Using 4.0 of N-320. May have to come up a bit.

Wow, and I shoot 140gn Hornady swaged Cowboy bullet in my .38 Supers all the time and they are 165+ PF with no leading.
Have no idea about Glock rifling, but 1:10" is not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom