• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guard Dogs

Guard dog in training....
Resized_20210918_122210.jpeg
20211217_171544.jpg
20211122_161739.jpg

If it gets bad enough, a barking dog would be like ringing the dinner bell for those types you do not want around your property. It would be better to have dogs that know when they should bark vs. those that bark at everything.
1644368057047.png

My golden shepherd and my yorkie alert
Me to everhthing always.
My shoes bark will run chills up your back and make you Darn near crap your pants when he goes off…loud and deep bellowing bark scares the crap out of people.
In the middle of the night he will darn near give you a heart attack when he goes off.
My Yorkie will give a couple barks and uses body language to point where the trouble is.
Yorkie a are famous for quick head movements to alert you of the direction of trouble and they communicate all day with body language….very smart dogs.

As far as bees and a rope I highly doubt you’ll be alert and near said rope when the bad guys come to steal from your wood pile in the middle of the night.
And if it’s daytimeM sure a thief with half of a criminal mentality would try to break into your home while you were home.
Usually they’ll hide and case the place and wait till you leave….or wait for a good thunderstorm and heavy rain to strike.
Thunderstorms are the best friend of a good thief…..most thieves are impatient and spoiled.
A smart thief will wait for Mother Nature.

If you’re talking about a situation where there’s widespread civil unrest your best bet is to consolidate your home with trusted friends or family to rotate guard duty every couple hours and have several alerts and traps set for bad guys.

If it gets bad enough, a barking dog would be like ringing the dinner bell for those types you do not want around your property. It would be better to have dogs that know when they should bark vs. those that bark at everything.

How would someone do this? For the most part, dogs bark at strangers, maybe strange noises. Let’s say dogs barked endlessly, besides ‘false alarms’ I don’t see how it’s a dinner bell to miscreants.

Then we have various levels of barking. A dog could be barking into the night over a strange noise. There’s then a much more serious bark, a stranger is inside the perimeter.

Lots of what a German Shepard does is natural, with that strong attachment to the family/owners.

Attachments

• 96470A8D-2CC6-4424-B31E-44F36D0E7E3E.jpeg
    96470A8D-2CC6-4424-B31E-44F36D0E7E3E.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 12
We have three dogs, a boxer mix, a Shepard mix, and a Catahoula Cur. The Cur (Ellie who is the oldest), has zero tolerance for ANYONE other than my wife and my two boys, her attitude has been passed down to the other two. The way that our dogs react to outsiders provides me a level of comfort when I travel...NOTHING gets by them!

Attachments

• Ellie.jpg
    Ellie.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160619_092411.jpg
    IMG_20160619_092411.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 7
we had fiest growing up and they were great gaurd dogs. always on alert,loved being outside and never went to the vet and would outlive most anything else on the farm.

Back
Top Bottom