• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guides? Tybee island area

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
I'm gonna be down at tybee next week and wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a good inshore guide. Always go to Florida gulf coast and haven't been down to that area in years so don't know much about it.
Any info would be great!!!
Thanks

Go out to eat at the Sundae Cafe'.
It's a little pricey, but well worth it.
The 80's Gastro Pub is another good eatery, but it's a sports bar/sandwich shop.

Amicks is the best. I have been out with them 4-5 times and never failed to catch a cooler full of fish. I was amazed with a "party boat" that had about 25-30 folks on it ever one had a 7 foot stringer full of fish. we actually had 1 1/2 stringers. Located midway between Savannah and Tybee. See website, you wont be disappointed.

Amicks
912-897-6759

Tybee Island Bait & Tackle

My daughter and I are going to give these folks a shot. We bought bait from the bait shop while we were on vacation there doing some surf fishing. We really liked the guy and his son captains the charter boat. I think he said a half day would be 300 or 350 I can't remember.

https://g.co/kgs/1gbnGP

Years ago, I took my son down there and got a referral from Judy's charters..Forget the Captains name but he had a 32ft Contender with 3 250 Yamaha's on it..I did this because I was tired of fishing over the reefs, hooking up on big reds and grouper, just to have the cuda's cut you off..That boat was so fast we could get to the gulf for Kings, Wahoo and Big bull Dolphin, quicker than the party boats could get to the reefs..Caught a ton, and never had a Cuda bandit take our spoils..

Not sure if the site is still active or not but when I lived on Wilmington Island Coastal Outdoors was a great forum for local info.

Back
Top Bottom