• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Ban During Federally Declared Disaster

In reality the only laws that apply are the laws that the populace allows them to enforce. Without civility there is anarchy. Trying to disarm law abiding people could cause chaos, and rightly so, according to me.

Defund those counties :)

democratic run counties no doubt

...I promise you, you try and disarm this legal gun owner... 'unrest' will get redefined in a hurry.

Guys, the news story didn't say that any politicians, emergency response agencies, or law enforcement types were considering disarming anybody. The reporter's comment came out of the blue, and seemed so disconnected to the rest of the story about how federal aid money could now flow into the storm-damaged areas. He never mentioned any plan or scheme to engage in new gun control --not by any of the affected counties. He just mentioned, almost in passing, that the authorities were authorized to do that (which of course is NOT true in our state.)

Guys, the news story didn't say that any politicians, emergency response agencies, or law enforcement types were considering disarming anybody. The reporter's comment came out of the blue, and seemed so disconnected to the rest of the story about how federal aid money could now flow into the storm-damaged areas. He never mentioned any plan or scheme to engage in new gun control not by any of the affected counties. He just mentioned, almost in passing, that the authorities were authorized to do that (which of course it is NOT.)
I realize that. You just have to realize that from local news idiocy and claims to giving local government usurpation ideas is a quick step and extremely difficult to stop before that thought gels in their tiny little government minds..

Goes without saying but post a reply if you get it.

I did get a fast reply from the reporter, and he sent me his source for that information.
It was a short "article" on the website of some Texas-based law firm, which has no presence in Georgia, that listed disarming "certain individuals" as one of the many other powers the government would have in a declared disaster area. But, the footnote to that one sentence in the article cited a TEXAS code, a law that only applies in the State of Texas, for this point!

I called the reporter's attention to THAT, and he said I had a good point, and my e-mail was very informative.

I don't know about any on-air correction or retraction, though. I suspect the general manger of the station may need some time to think that over, maybe do her own research.

I did get a fast reply from the reporter, and he sent me his source for that information.
It was a short "article" on the website of some Texas-based law firm, which has no presence in Georgia, that listed disarming "certain individuals" as one of the many other powers the government would have in a declared disaster area. But, the footnote to that one sentence in the article cited a TEXAS code, a law that only applies in the State of Texas, for this point!

I called the reporter's attention to THAT, and he said I had a good point, and my e-mail was very informative.

I don't know about any on-air correction or retraction, though. I suspect the general manger of the station may need some time to think that over, maybe do her own research.
All I can say is watch his next article.......he'll proceed like you and your valid claim of Texas this-or-that never existed. It's what leftists do. Like the guy here before said, they'll take your rights and make you sue them to stop what the law never authorized them to do in the first place.

I do applaud you for making the effort to correct this so-called journalist's story and trying to make him do something he's so inept to deal with - thinking.

I realize that. You just have to realize that from local news idiocy and claims to giving local government usurpation ideas is a quick step and extremely difficult to stop before that thought gels in their tiny little government minds..

Yes, telling the people, the millions (hundreds of thousands?) of listeners to WSB radio news that the Second Amendment may be infringed this way, and that their R.K.B.A. is subject to the government saying, "Hey, we have a crisis here, so the Bill of Rights is suspended until further notice in these zones" will have the effect of turning more independent-minded citizens into sheep, and if they ever hear such an [unlawful] edict issued by government officials, their minds will recall this May, 2021 news story and think, "OK, I KNEW THAT THE GOV'T HAD THIS MUCH POWER. I WAS WARNED THE LAW HAD THESE PROVISIONS IN IT TO SUSPEND MY RIGHTS."

That's why I tried calling the station on three different lines (no success, never got anybody on the phone or could leave a voicemail), and finally resorted to e-mails. And why my e-mail ended with saying they needed to issue an on-air correction for this misinformation.

Even an innocent mistake can have the same effect as intentional propaganda and disinformation as a tool.

Back
Top Bottom