• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Buy Back

Just had a Detective friend of mine run the sn#'s on my 3 I picked up. All clear!

I Googled three gun buy backs, 2/nearly 600 and 22/1,221 I think, I posted it earlier. The rate is 0.3%-1.8% guns were stolen at those gun buy backs.

No stolen numbers from College Park were made public that I'm aware. It does not feed into the fear mongering agenda of the promoters of GBB's.

Glad you guys rescued some clean ones; knowing my luck, I'd be "that guy" who scores a hot one .... Guess I'll stick to retail+ on ODT for now ;)

Glad you guys rescued some clean ones; knowing my luck, I'd be "that guy" who scores a hot one .... Guess I'll stick to retail+ on ODT for now ;)

If you bought a 100 guns at worse 2 would be stolen, the rest would off set the loss. Hopefully it would not be that $50 limited edition Beretta 9mm in really good shape.

In Georgia if a gun is found stolen the current law makes it possible for the owner to get it back if legally eligible. Not all states do this and destroy them.

If you bought a 100 guns at worse 2 would be stolen, the rest would off set the loss. Hopefully it would not be that $50 limited edition Beretta 9mm in really good shape.

In Georgia if a gun is found stolen the current law makes it possible for the owner to get it back if legally eligible. Not all states do this and destroy them.
While I respect your efforts, I think I'll continue to err on the side of caution, but congrats, nonetheless :thumb:

i agree. using that beretta as an example, if i had bought it and it turned out to be stolen, i would be more than happy to have spent $50-$100 to have it go back to the owner. Gotta remember, most of us have atleast one "baby" and id much rather someone get theirs back and take the loss than it be destroyed forever. I had a gun stolen when i was 13. It was my recently deceased at the time uncles. I was 13 and stupid and never recorded the serial. The police were assholes and actually said to me and my dad months later that they believed they had found it as it matched the description i gave perfectly but because wer didnt have a serial, it was to be melted down. Was pretty close to him and it was the only thing I had that was his besides the 3 bullets that it came with. Sucks to lose $50 but worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom