• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Check for Air Travel

TSA.PNG
Pulled this of the website of TSA...

I'm gonna agree with NWS on the non-TSA locks on firearms. Purpose is that NO ONE, INCLUDING TSA EMPLOYEES, has access to the firearms after they have been locked by you in presence of TSA employee.
TSA guy is supposed to "verify" the gun is unloaded but in my experience they just rely on me to tell them so.
Most don't seem to know which end of a gun is dangerous.

Can anyone send me the link to the thread on here about instructions flying with your pistol? I've never done it but need to fly out on Tuesday. I couldn't find the one I was looking for when searching.

What's the relation of auto related deaths to firearm related deaths?
Why don't we make more traffic laws?

Is it really about human preservation, or just another political move?

I would be for the safety of the children, and the police.

I'm gonna agree with NWS on the non-TSA locks on firearms. Purpose is that NO ONE, INCLUDING TSA EMPLOYEES, has access to the firearms after they have been locked by you in presence of TSA employee.
TSA guy is supposed to "verify" the gun is unloaded but in my experience they just rely on me to tell them so.
Most don't seem to know which end of a gun is dangerous.

I'm going to play devils advocate.. TSA has authority to access any bag.. As it states, if they damage your lock (cut) they take no responsibility..
If they want in to look at contents you can bet they will access it..

I have used these locks no less than 50 flights with Rifles/shotguns.. At least 20 trips some involving 6 legs to and from..

The firearm was secured as well as it could be. What this guy did was no different than if he had left the airport bought or stolen a gun and rode the bus back and shot up the baggage area where in ATL you are allowed to carry. I'm sure the media will make a big deal about it though.

Yep, in Georgia it used to illegal to step foot anywhere in an airport with a carried gun with a legal permit. But that changed.

Now some jack hole attempts to shoot innocent folks in the non-sterile areas there is a legal chance someone else will be (legally) armed and respond in kind.

Florida embraces their "gun free zones" that really aren't and require a willing participant.

This shooting should galvanize why allowing legally armed citizens into parts of the airport but the corporate media and leftist will spin it as a means to retain them and fools will listen....

And the left pissed that anyone would attempt to legalize lawful carry in a "gun free zone". They work so well.

upload_2017-1-7_6-18-2-png.1019500

Back
Top Bottom