• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun cleaning tips that work for you

n.one.one

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
157   0
Reaction score
What are your gun cleaning tips that others may find useful.

I'll start with a good, cheap, gun cleaning brush...did I mention cheap! I can't believe I'm posting something so small and silly...but someone may find it useful. I've discovered that denture brushes are good for gun cleaning (no I don't have dentures :D).

Walmart sells them very cheap (less than $2) and the long bristles on the back are great for getting into deep crevices. So...if you use a toothbrush for gun cleaning you might want to get one of these.

This isn't the brand that Walmart sells but theirs is about the same. I assume that any drugstore would carry them.
i53.tinypic.com_2hxwuap.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a tip from a lesson learned the hard way.
Always cover the lenses of your scope before cleaning your scoped weapon. 1 drop of bore solvent or even the spray as the bristles come out of the bore can really screw up the lens coatings.

Here are a few I follow. Always make sure the gun is unloaded ;) oh and buy a cleaning mat. I've ruined so many place mats. I could have bought 10 cleaning mats in the money I've spend replacing place mats hah. Oh and good lighting too. I use a workbench light. You would be shocked at how much crap you miss because of bad lighting.

Eye protection when using Gun Scrubber!

-Trust me-you don't want none of that mess in your eyes. It will make you speak with Jesus!

Back
Top Bottom